IGNORED

Amir Khan

Just been watching SSN, and can't believe the footage their showing from the Khan-Petersen fight.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, there's some random fat guy sat in one of the judges seats at the start of the fight. He's asked to move and then sits next to De la Hoya and Khan's dad, only to start talking to the judges and looking at score cards etc during the fight.

Khan is appealing to I think its WBA (don't know what the Baggies will do though) as he reckons the scorecards have been tampered with following the ring announcer telling him he was ahead on 2 cards before they were recollected in.

Someone is going to get into a heap load of shit for this I feel.

Didn't see the fight at the time but watching a replay even the American commentators were dubious about Khan's point deductions, "What would we say if it were an American fighting abroad?" quite apart from the apparent dodgy scoring.

Something not right.

I saw the fight as well, and thought Khan didnt really do enough to win but also shouldnt have lost. They were weak points deductions, but he could have also got a deduction for holding Peterson down, which he did consistently throughout the fight.

Hopefully a rematch will be organised and the rightful winner will be announced.

I'll be looking forward to it but regardless of Ameen and his interference Khan lost that night for me...just.

I think IF Khan beats Lamont and the Mayweather Pacquiao fight (hard on) goes ahead Khan would most likely face Bradley at a similar time to the above. Then the winner of each of those fight's would face off, it's got mega bucks written all over it....

Mayweather vs Bradley it would be smile.png 

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 months later...