IGNORED

David Weir Joins the coaching team

FairWooney

And he'll play in the reserve derby this week!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/02/21/weir-back-with-blues

Good to have him back, was a good guy at the club and nice to see the likes of him, Stubbs and Ferguson keen to come back to us as coaches. Hopefully he can give some good positive advice and training to the lads and do a job for us against the RS reserves this week as well!

I really wish him all the best as I loved him as a player so it's really nice to see him back as a coach. I'm sure that when he left Rangers he was looking for another club to play for but I'm guessing with his age the offers didn't come thick and fast.

He will surely have a positive impact on what goes on behind the scenes at Finch Farm and I'm sure he will have success. Congrats!

Weir will pull on an Everton jersey for the first time since leaving for Rangers in January 2007.

I'd put a fiver on him to score!

Nobody else think that having another ex-centreback in the coaching team is not really such a good idea? It says on the OS that he's going to be helping Stubbs with coaching the reserves and that this 'excites' Stubbs. Not sure it excites me.

Yes i feel the same, collecting up defensive coaches is not a good thing imo, we need someone who can work with the midfielders and forwards.