IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

Do you actually work in a zoo?

I've been thinking about working with animals, be it zoo or safari park. I always wanted to stroke a lion. happy.png

No, I'm in University studying Zoo Management with the idea of one day going into that field but in all honesty I'm thinking about making a career change. The maximum pay for a zookeeper is £15,000 and to get into it you need around 3 years work experiance (i.e. - helping in the zoo full time without pay) so its a really hard industry to get into. If you have a passion for it then go for it but if you don't then it's going to be hard.

If you want to work in a safari park I'd just volenteer every now and then.

No, I'm in University studying Zoo Management with the idea of one day going into that field but in all honesty I'm thinking about making a career change. The maximum pay for a zookeeper is £15,000 and to get into it you need around 3 years work experiance (i.e. - helping in the zoo full time without pay) so its a really hard industry to get into. If you have a passion for it then go for it but if you don't then it's going to be hard.

If you want to work in a safari park I'd just volenteer every now and then.

Yeah, I thought about volunteering.

I have a life long love of animals, so something I always wanted to do. Of course, that doesn't mean picking up a shovel and being a free lacky. It's the contact etc I like.

I have a life long love of animals, so something I always wanted to do. Of course, that doesn't mean picking up a shovel and being a free lacky. It's the contact etc I like.

Yeah thats what puts me off, I'm not going to be someones bitch for 3 years. I may do the same as you, do some volenteering so I can have some hands on contact with animals that I want to experiance.

That looks cool Mike.

If people think because a crocodile is small though that it's not dangerous, they might want to consider the jaws on my Staffy are probably 6 inches across from cheek to cheek, and from ear to nose about 8 inches, and he crunches pretty much anything he wants to, and those Crocodiles jaws are 'much' bigger.

I laughed slightly when the lady stroking it was looking towards the camera.

Yeah thats what puts me off, I'm not going to be someones bitch for 3 years. I may do the same as you, do some volenteering so I can have some hands on contact with animals that I want to experiance.

Being someones subordinate isn't all that bad, mate. Not if you have a good management. BTW a diploma doesn't limit you to its obvious uses. You can look beyond it. It gives you organisational skills and it shows a sort of caring aspect of your character as well.

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 34:

Name the 8 people who have won the Ballon d'Or multiple times (between 1956 and 2009).

1 - Franz Beckenbauer; Germany (correctly answered by Avinalaff).

2 - Johann Cruyff; the Netherlands (correctly answered by Avinalaff).

3 - Michel Platini; France (correctly answered by Avinalaff).

4 - Marco van Basten; the Netherlands (correctly answered by Romey 1878).

5 - Ronaldo; Brazil (correctly answered by Avinalaff).

6 - Alfredo di Stefano; Argentina (correctly answered by Mirallas).

7 - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge; Germany (correctly answered by Mirallas).

8 - Kevin Keegan; England (correctly answered by Rubecula).

Edited by Zoo

Stuff like that pisses me off, does the crocodile want to be stroked? No, it dosen't....

They're not captives, they're residents....not caged in and could leave at any time if they chose but they're looked after very well. It's a sacred place that locals believe has healing powers; also, if one of them was unhappy wouldn't they just bite/eat someone?

.....its a meat eater that belong in the wild for fucks sake.

What sort of a zoo is it that you wanted to work inhuh.png ? One without animals that belong in the wild presumably. Limited attraction I'd have thought.

I'm fine with zoos holding captive animals because it benefits them its just that when they allow the public to dick around with them I'm against it, because its wrong.

Anyway, back to the quiz.

Romey - Correct.

Avin - Correct (you did mean Ronaldo didnt you? Or was you using 'Fat Ron' to refer to Ron Atkinson? rofl.gif )