IGNORED

Predictor - where will we finish, who will win the league, who will go down...

Hafnia

Aston Villa are the perfect opposite of Everton - Martin O'Neill should take alot of resposnibity as to what has happened to them...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

Think similarities are where we were positionally in comparison to each other - that has slipped more drastically for villa since O'Neill has left - he got more out of his players than anyone since.

I always had to remind villa 'fans' how much they spent compared to us when they used to say we were similar in the few seasons we battled it out for 5th pos.

I rememeber one of the worst feelings at Goodison is when we playd them a few seasons back and were 2-1 down with about a minute of the game left to play. Joleon Lescott managed to score from a corner to make it 2-2 and literally from the kick-off they managed to nick a goal and win 3-2 (think it might have been Ashley Young that scored). I can only echo what Pete has said, they played shite football and we'd always out-play them and lose (hence why I was always worried when we played them).

Paying £5,500,000 for Sidwell and paying so much for the likes of Young and Delph is un-forgivable. O'Neill certainly has a lot to answer for down in Villa HQ.

Hang on Zoo, you can not blame him for spending the cash, just what he bought. Spot on with Delph and Nigel Reo Coker, Young was a good one though! Class.

Hang on Zoo, you can not blame him for spending the cash, just what he bought. Spot on with Delph and Nigel Reo Coker, Young was a good one though! Class.

I'm not blaming him for spending the cash I'm blaming him for spending it like moronic cucumber on day release. He could have put the funds the board gave to him to better use and could have built a better team than what they have now. McLeish isn't a very good manager IMO and that is the reason why they are fighting relegation but Martin O'Neill certainly hasn't helped.

And I hope he means Ashley Young Mike, for all Ashley Young is a cheating little diver he's a decent enough player. Luke on the other hand is very mediocre.

I can't even remember when AVFC where in the second division, my best guess would be about 1988/89, but I don't think they'll be back again this season. 'Too good to go down' it usually sneered upon but I think everyone up there should be safe enough. They do have a good manager in McLeish although I was surprised when he chose to move across the city, especially after a trophy last year , he reminds me of Redknapp sometimes.

They do have a good manager in McLeish although I was surprised when he chose to move across the city, especially after a trophy last year , he reminds me of Redknapp sometimes.

mellow.png

McLeish is a shite manager in my opinion.

Well as the rules state, we'll agree to disagree.

Took Birmingham to their first trophy since 1962/63 and beat some very good sides in order to do so. They simply lost concentration towards the end of last year and fell away alarmingly from a seemingly safe position to a relegation on the last weekend.

But, right or wrong, McLeish did do well I feel,

Well as the rules state, we'll agree to disagree.

Took Birmingham to their first trophy since 1962/63 and beat some very good sides in order to do so. They simply lost concentration towards the end of last year and fell away alarmingly from a seemingly safe position to a relegation on the last weekend.

But, right or wrong, McLeish did do well I feel,

He beat Arsenal with a complete fluke goal, thats the only "very good" team they played. With Zoo on this, dont rate McLeish at all.

Birmingham beat Aston Villa on route, got to be worth some recognition, and West Ham in the semi-finals who despite their league performances last season aren't a bad cup side and must have made it difficult over the two games. Fluke effort or not, they beat a very distinguished side over 90 minutes in the final and won the League Cup. (Ourselves that season couldn't get past Brentford at one stage if memory serves). All said they won the competition and maybe not the best side to prevail, well that's sometimes the case isn't it. If only they had concentrated on their league form, and yet again maybe, another case of a domestic cup hangover, they might well have saved themselves in the end. But whether anyone wants to agree or disagree, they won that tourney, McLeish was in charge for it, and all said I still insist he's not the poor manager some are led to believe.