IGNORED

Sam Slocombe

I don't see what the problem with Mucha is. IMO we should just keep Jan as our number 2 until Tim Howard packs in and then either promote him to first-team keeper (if Moyes thinks he is good enough) or spend some of our transfer kitty getting a decent goalie in. We should only look to buy goalkeepers that are really young and have the future ahead of them and even then I would be hesitent - we have some really good goalkeepers coming through our Academy system.

For example buy Vorm from Swansea as by the time Howard retires they may be playing lower tier football.

I didn't say he was good enough I was just saying that he's good enough for bench-warming duty (i.e. - we dont need to splash cash on another number two) and by the time that Howard retires I've got no problem with Moyes buying a new keeper should Mucha not meet his standards. I've only ever seen him in one game and that was the reserve derby against Liverpool, he looked quite sharp there and kept us in the game leading me to believe that he's not that bad - what are people's basis on thinking that he dosen't meet the cut?

I didn't say he was good enough I was just saying that he's good enough for bench-warming duty (i.e. - we dont need to splash cash on another number two) and by the time that Howard retires I've got no problem with Moyes buying a new keeper should Mucha not meet his standards. I've only ever seen him in one game and that was the reserve derby against Liverpool, he looked quite sharp there and kept us in the game leading me to believe that he's not that bad - what are people's basis on thinking that he dosen't meet the cut?

The complete brainfart he had when he started a cup game.

Catch the ball Jan, don't drop it into the net.