IGNORED

England vs Italy friendly

Greg O'Keeffe @GregOK

18s

Baines, Jagielka and surprisingly Jack Rodwell all in England squad for friendly V Italy #EFC

What the hell is Rodwell doing there? I heard Terry is going to be left out too as Woy looks to select an experimental squad.

http://www.thefa.com...med-italy-berne

looks like a better team selection than the Euro squad to be honest!

edit:

Id be going with

.........................Ruddy.........................

Walker Jags Cahill Baines

Johnson Carrick Cleverely Young

Carroll Defoe

Edited by Matt

rodwell there cos it's experimental i guess...can't think of any other young midfielders really? he didn't look out of place playin last time

Henderson rofl.gif

Don't see why Carrick and Defoe are in there, as I can't see them having an England career in 2 years time.

Henderson rofl.gif

Don't see why Carrick and Defoe are in there, as I can't see them having an England career in 2 years time.

good point..what does it say about henderson? he played the whole season for liverpool and went to the euros..not even in this squad..it either says he's really shit or he's a shoe in for the main squads

Cant believe Livermore is in there! He looks distinctly average every time I see him play... If he played for Wigan I bet he wouldnt be in the squad!

I just hope all our lads come back fit!

This applies to most Spurs youngsters and Liverpool players.

It has always been who you play for, rather than how you play. One reason I've always struggled to support the nation is this piss poor policy.

This applies to most Spurs youngsters and Liverpool players.

It has always been who you play for, rather than how you play. One reason I've always struggled to support the nation is this piss poor policy.

Couldnt agree more... When I was a kid I didnt used to care and always supported England, but as I get older the more I only care about Everton!

Damn it, it was only about a few weeks ago they played each other at the European championships, and now, another friendly game, too many of these damn internationals on the soccer calendar I'm afraid, and most people see them as pointless exercises or just a feeling of apathy. Hard to argue. It's club over country for most people you'll always find. What would you rather have, the national side to win a trophy, or Everton to win a League championship? (If possible)

Damn it, it was only about a few weeks ago they played each other at the European championships, and now, another friendly game, too many of these damn internationals on the soccer calendar I'm afraid, and most people see them as pointless exercises or just a feeling of apathy. Hard to argue. It's club over country for most people you'll always find. What would you rather have, the national side to win a trophy, or Everton to win a League championship? (If possible)

Do you actually like sport?

What I don't like is saturation coverage of England soccer games or they appear so frequently even, far too many about now, and all rather trivial and pointless as expressed by so many fans you'll never fail to notice, just an opportunity to blood a few youngsters maybe or try a different set up but far too frequent an occasion is what they are.

Depends what Sport also, that covers a lot of ground, I think my sporting interests have merely declined as the years have gone by, just maybe lost some enthusiasm somewhere along the way.

it's not just england that have friendlies you know...other teams do also..but you live in fuckin england..the reason people talk about them is cos they're fuckin england...that's how it is..if we were in america they'd tell us usa are playin someone also..but we're not..you know where we are? fuckin england..that is why it is saturated as you say...fuck me..sorry long day..but don't bitch about summat so fuckin trivial when you live in this country..you're gonna hear about our sports cos we are proud of our sports..if you don't like it..don't listen..it's fuckin simple