IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

What the hell do they look like in the photo at the head of this piece!? There's only Jermaine and Theo ready for a paddle in the sea. And is that an armed guard in the background?

All that's needed is for Ashley to jump up, welly a beach ball into the sea and shout "AV IT". Brazil will shit themselves!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22725420

I can't remember the last time I watched an England side so bad.

I don't know what goes on in an England camp, but it sure as hell isn't working. They need to get shut of Roy Hodgson if they are to get anywhere near the England sides of old. If they were a Prem team they'd get relegated.

I can't remember the last time I watched an England side so bad.

I don't know what goes on in an England camp, but it sure as hell isn't working. They need to get shut of Roy Hodgson if they are to get anywhere near the England sides of old. If they were a Prem team they'd get relegated.

I think a lot of it comes down to how we train our youngsters. Too much emphasis is put on physical strength rather than technical ability. That's why we can't pass to save our lives, have no composure on the ball and very little in the way of creativity.

We need to make more Jack Wilshere's and less Jack Rodwell's and James Milner's.

Hodgson doesn't help though. Phil Jones in midfield? Bloody hell.

Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Jones, Carrick; Walcott, Lampard, Milner; Rooney.

Subs bench: Cole, Foster, Lescott, Rodwell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Defoe, McCarthy.

That's a selection that shows Hodgson is out of touch, and guided by the press.

He really needs to look outside the top 6 sides more. It's desperate.

I think a lot of it comes down to how we train our youngsters. Too much emphasis is put on physical strength rather than technical ability. That's why we can't pass to save our lives, have no composure on the ball and very little in the way of creativity.

We need to make more Jack Wilshere's and less Jack Rodwell's and James Milner's.

Hodgson doesn't help though. Phil Jones in midfield? Bloody hell.

This.

The Ireland performance was bad. This is embarrassing.

1-0 Brasil..... didnt see that coming :dry:

1-0 Italy win. Not a single England player impressed me, Butland was a really destabilizing force in goal, glad we didn't get him in January based on this game.

England will get walloped during this tournament. Simply not good enough and with an in unimaginative manager to boot.

Edited by Romey 1878

England will get walloped during this tournament. Simply not good enough and with an in unimaginative manager to boot.

And I doubt it's going to get any better if the people in charge share Steve McClaren's attitude. He was making excuses: nervousness, inexperience. Glen Hoddle hit the nail on the head: no players that can pass the ball. You simply couldn't keep possession.

The other teams in the group didn't particularly impress either though. Norway played well in the first half, but we're crappy in the second (they were down to ten men though). Italy weren't anything special either apart from Insigne and Verratti. And Israel were utter shite.

And I doubt it's going to get any better if the people in charge share Steve McClaren's attitude. He was making excuses: nervousness, inexperience. Glen Hoddle hit the nail on the head: no players that can pass the ball. You simply couldn't keep possession.

People always make excuses for England's poorness; full squad and U21's.

They need to face facts and deal with the root of the problem.