IGNORED

For the first time in years

rubecula

For the first time in I don't know how many years, I am feeling quite upbeat at the start of a season.

Actually I feel pretty excited.

What with the signings and sellings. (Sorry to see any of our lads leave really, but when it looks like a good move, who am I to complain)

How about the rest of you? Anyone else got that little tingle? Or is it time to take my meds again?

COYB

I'm strangely up-beat about kicking off against United, It's ashame Mirallas wasn't in on time but hey ho I can still see Us giving them a very good game.

Apart from Van Persie they haven't really strengthened I'm not sure Kagawa will make a big impact in the EPL the biggest downer is they have Vidic and Valencia back....

If We can get off to a good start against Utd I hope it gives Us the impetus to have a good run of games for a change.

I think our first 11 is far more balanced than it has ever been. From a playing perspective I am happy that Cahill has gone, his inclusion meant our playing style was very predicatble, non fluent and a bit boring. Love the fella but I said for past two years he was an asset worth selling for the greater good of the teams evolution - which needed to happen.

I think we have a first 11 that will see an improvement against the top 4 teams and I look to see if we can do a double over Liverpool.

I think moyes deserves alot of credit for the way in which he was engineered our transition on a shoe string. I just hope he too can evolve with the team and bring more flair and adventure to our style of play. Mirallas for one looks to have the capaility to do that.

Off the field - as you all know I have big concerns... commerically we are still average joes. Our finances continue to be a massive cause for concern and without Moyes we would have been in serious trouble.

He does annoy the living daylights out of me at times, but I need to remind myself of what he is dealing with. On the balance he is a solid coach and an excellent organiser/book keeper. I just hope we can get a buyer for the club, our debts will mean we will continue to have to sell players and replace with cheaper ones, and this is not always going to work for us.

When other clubs start to realise the extra £14m TV revenue I feel it is going to massively impact our transfer appeal, we can't break our wage structure and shouldn't but other teams can and will. Already we have seen sunderland bag a big shirt sponsorship and our £4m a year change deal isn't good enough, nor is our kitbag deal. Big work to be done by our CEO and team.

I can fully understand Your point of view on the finance front Haf but for Me and I'm not turning a blind eye to it but We just have to let the Club deal with it and try to improve things..

They are not going to intentionally sink the Club and the financial side of things along with everything else no doubt will be alot more complicated and intricate then We give it credit.

As We stand on the field We have possibly the strongest and most balanced side I've seen "pending Mirallas is as good as we hope" for a long time and I honestly beleive Europe albiet the Europa League could well and truly be on the cards and hopefully a good cup run.

The better We do on the field in time and theory the better the books will balance and given we've lost a few now non essential players "wages" and brought in players that will make a difference from the off can only bode well.

Look on the brighter side of things you miserable sod happy.png

I'm always optimistic every year.

I always think we are going to win the league. - Then 5 weeks in and we are all arguing on the forums, slating Moyes, wanting certain players dropped and asking questions of the board.

Please God let there be light in this forsaken world we know as Evertonians.

4-0 tonight Fellaini, and Jelavic hat trick. jump%20for%20joy.gif

Im actually quite optimistic too and to repeat what Haf said about Moye should take credit for the way he is engineering the change of the squad. It seems he has learnt from his mistakes with the sales of Arteta and Lescott and got the deals sorted with little fuss and early enough for us to get suitable replacements and most importantly without damaging the morale of the club.

This is the first pre-season I can remember where everything has ran smoothly (so to speak) and I really believe this will be the year we start from week 1 and not week 19, and if we dont then Moyes wont have any excuses.

I'm a pessimist on anti-depressants who expects fucking Armageddon each Thursday week but, I say this-, tonight for sure was a perfect start, great result against heavyweight opposition when many people didn't expect a Toffee victory. It's only one game, granted, but what a boost this could be, got off to the best start possible, they all pulled their weight, Ok, it wasn't all one way traffic during the game, but overall we deserved this victory and why not take this into subsequent games. Aston Villa next and I think they started off poorly this weekend, and a trip to the second city next holds no trepidation for me. Sad to see some good club servants go this summer, but we've brought in some new faces and they can only get better this season, still eager to see what the new Belgian player can do, if he reaches legendary status at Goodison as the other has, then that will be just fine. Let's be honest, we're not going to be league champions, even after tonight, I feel the champions league may just be out of reach, and that a UEFA cup spot is probably a best bet, but you never can tell what will happen. I just ask we can carry on from tonight and into next games. I can't quite get carried away on the basis of one good nights work. Back in 1993/94 we won first four of five opening games, and almost went down on the last day of the season. That won't happen this season, not a chance, but while a very good night and team performance, will wait a little longer before making firmer evaluations.

After the result last night, we can really push on here. Were looking the strongest i can remember going into a season, and a few more signings are possible before the window shuts. Liverpool (spent money on shite again), Tottenham (Still only 1 striker, in the shape of a 30 year old Defoe) and Arsenal are all the weakest they've been for a while, personally think we've got a good chance of top 4, just need to stay consistent.

Edited by GoodisonRoad