IGNORED

Gareth Bale

laugh.png

pete would say he's rubbish no doubt wink.png

Spot on!

And now for the rant *big breath* He's just Coleman with a better strike, even looks a bit like him. Coleman is probably better overall as he was never so shite his team didn't win with him on the pitch for 50 games though. I'd put Bale in the non-footballers category with the Walcotts and Agbonlahors. Don't see why these players who only have pace get rated when the players who just kick people (Brown, Andrews, Henry) get berated. Both lots are shite and shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch unless they have some proper footballing ability.

knew it rofl.gif

I find it hard to accept running as a skill when it comes to football. I know a certain pace is needed but when all a player has is an extra yard or 2 and feck all else to his game its upsetting to see. Phil Neville proved that at the top level there isn't that much of an advantage and that Bale isn't a footballer.

I find it hard to accept running as a skill when it comes to football. I know a certain pace is needed but when all a player has is an extra yard or 2 and feck all else to his game its upsetting to see. Phil Neville proved that at the top level there isn't that much of an advantage and that Bale isn't a footballer.

Watched him last week in Llanelli in a friendly against Bosnia, the guy was head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of speed, technical ability, athletic ability, first touch, awareness etc....... I know it was only Wales v Bosnia but still.......... he would start in any team in the prem. Never mind Bosnia it were Serbia.doh.gif still pranjic looks a player! Edited by jona 32

Coleman is better than Bale overall and Barca are just boring. You're trying to become a Karl Pilkington type character on here aren't you?

Bale holds the record for not being on the winning side in a Premier League match. His control is terrible, he literally hits it forward and hopes his pace will be enough to beat a man rather than a controlled dribble. He was fully nullified by Neville and Coleman had a ball running down the wing from him. I don't even rate Coleman but he tore Spurs a new one. I've said this before, Spurs are only good against lower teams were Bale's pace is a bigger advantage because the other teams players don't have the higher level of ability the top clubs have. Top 8 without Newcastle and Spurs points tally is the lowest and their goal difference -11, over twice as bad as the next lowest (Everton -5).

Barca are boring, I thought this is the consensus now?

You're basing your Coleman statement on one performance 2 seasons ago - he's been found out now - head down run. I feel McClean of Sunderland may do too - we'll see in this his 2nd season. Bale however is in a different class to these he's now done it consistently in the EPL and even in the champs league. The record non win streak was him playing at lb in a much poorer/under performing spurs team - don't get sucked in by stats.

what's excitin football then? they score lots of goals..pass it well..granted they crab about a lot but they still penetrate the opposition at the drop of a hat whenever they see the opening

I'd be truly gutted to pay to watch Everton play at Barca's level every week!!! :doh:

to be honest i think pete likes to take the opposite opinion to the masses...the kind of person who stops listening to a band cos they get popular

I'm no hipster! *goes burns American Apparel hoody* I get more annoyed that a band isn't popular.

You're basing your Coleman statement on one performance 2 seasons ago - he's been found out now - head down run. I feel McClean of Sunderland may do too - we'll see in this his 2nd season. Bale however is in a different class to these he's now done it consistently in the EPL and even in the champs league. The record non win streak was him playing at lb in a much poorer/under performing spurs team - don't get sucked in by stats.

McClean is over-rated flash in the pan, caught people out because he was raw just as Coleman did. He's only done it consistently against lower opposition, and the Champs league just proves you're a following the papers as it was against Maicon, who is rubbish and gave him far too much space.

what's excitin football then? they score lots of goals..pass it well..granted they crab about a lot but they still penetrate the opposition at the drop of a hat whenever they see the opening

That's the majority, just like Chelsea/Mourinho but with fancier goals plus the whole cheating thing, no one respects a boxer as the best when he cheats why should we for the winners in football. People over exaggerate how good the goals are just because it's Barca as well. Two of the best goals I've seen are Bolton's 2 against Bpool and no one creamed over them as it weren't messi finishing it. People just follow the media instead of forming a opinion themselves. Same happened with Rooney's chip (or volley) plastered every where when Beattie's (and Zenden's) are better.

I had done a better reply but I miss-opened a new tab and lost it :(.

I'd be truly gutted to pay to watch Everton play at Barca's level every week!!! doh.gif

Barca fans are there for the trophies. They play exactly like Spain and everyone moaned about them once they seen more than one game. I'd rather see a team creating chances rather than playing possession football.

Haha as a welshman I may be biased but to even compare Coleman and Bale is ridicilous. Bale is a class act, he's proven it over the last few seasons. All of his managers absolutely rave about him (Redknapp, Speed, Coleman) therefore he's obviously got something. One of my favourite videos on youtube is Bale against Inter at the San Siro where he scored that hat rick. He absolutely destroyed Maicon, who at the time,(may even still be), was considered to be one of the best full backs in the world. He has everything IMO, he can cross, pacey, excellent header of the ball and he chips in with his fair share of goals. As I said I may be biased but for me personally when Bale's in full flow it's one of the best sights in football and I can tell you for a fact that Spurs or Wales without him are much, much weaker.

Edited by Geth

I'm no hipster! *goes burns American Apparel hoody* I get more annoyed that a band isn't popular.

McClean is over-rated flash in the pan, caught people out because he was raw just as Coleman did. He's only done it consistently against lower opposition, and the Champs league just proves you're a following the papers as it was against Maicon, who is rubbish and gave him far too much space.

That's the majority, just like Chelsea/Mourinho but with fancier goals plus the whole cheating thing, no one respects a boxer as the best when he cheats why should we for the winners in football. People over exaggerate how good the goals are just because it's Barca as well. Two of the best goals I've seen are Bolton's 2 against Bpool and no one creamed over them as it weren't messi finishing it. People just follow the media instead of forming a opinion themselves. Same happened with Rooney's chip (or volley) plastered every where when Beattie's (and Zenden's) are better.

I had done a better reply but I miss-opened a new tab and lost it sad.png.

i think they play with far more penetration than spain do..i said they looked borin also..barcelona do keep the ball simply but also play nice quick triangles etc..and i think the reason the goals get more publicity is because they do it more often..although beattie's chip is one of my favourite everton goals it's not like he did it every week..

out of interest who for you plays the best football on a regular basis if barca are boring?

Haha as a welshman I may be biased but to even compare Coleman and Bale is ridicilous. Bale is a class act, he's proven it over the last few seasons. All of his managers absolutely rave about him (Redknapp, Speed, Coleman) therefore he's obviously got something. One of my favourite videos on youtube is Bale against Inter at the San Siro where he scored that hat rick. He absolutely destroyed Maicon, who at the time,(may even still be), was considered to be one of the best full backs in the world. He has everything IMO, he can cross, pacey, excellent header of the ball and he chips in with his fair share of goals. As I said I may be biased but for me personally when Bale's in full flow it's one of the best sights in football and I can tell you for a fact that Spurs or Wales without him are much, much weaker.

Not known for his defending and every goal was an exact replica which shows how poor Maicon is. This performance is a joke to show how 'good' Bale is. Maicon should be slated not Bale getting praised. Just like Ben Arfa's goal last season not a great goal just god awful defending.

Not known for his defending and every goal was an exact replica which shows how poor Maicon is. This performance is a joke to show how 'good' Bale is. Maicon should be slated not Bale getting praised. Just like Ben Arfa's goal last season not a great goal just god awful defending.

will defo agree with that

Agree with the Ben Arfa comment but don't really see how you can't rate him with what he's done over the past few years. And that run of games was just bad luck in my opinion, there's another 10 on the field not just Bale. But it's open for discussion because maybe I am biased being Welsh. But he's the best player we have by a mile and if we are ever going to qualify for a major tournament then he's gonna have a huge say in it.

i think they play with far more penetration than spain do..i said they looked borin also..barcelona do keep the ball simply but also play nice quick triangles etc..and i think the reason the goals get more publicity is because they do it more often..although beattie's chip is one of my favourite everton goals it's not like he did it every week..

out of interest who for you plays the best football on a regular basis if barca are boring?

Arsenal in the past, which was similar to Barca but with a lot more chances being created (but not scored) and at a higher pace. Of late no one has really stood out as excellent, I'd say football is going through a transitional phase adjusting to new tactics. I did like Bayern though but never watched as much foreign football last year to justify calling them the most entertaining. Real on their good days, but the Spanish league tends to bore me in general. Going to digress a bit here, Pato is my favourite player to watch when he's fully fit, if not Ozil. When Fellaini pulls a Fellainiwink.png there's no one better to watch as an Evertonian. The one-man show against City is one of the best games I've seen. Now almost back on topic, I find people give too much weight to goals as entertainment, as one of the best Everton games I went to finished 0-0 (against Leeds 2002) it had everything but goals compared to say the one-sided drubbing we gave Sunderland.

Agree with the Ben Arfa comment but don't really see how you can't rate him with what he's done over the past few years. And that run of games was just bad luck in my opinion, there's another 10 on the field not just Bale. But it's open for discussion because maybe I am biased being Welsh. But he's the best player we have by a mile and if we are ever going to qualify for a major tournament then he's gonna have a huge say in it.

We all have some form of bias, it can be a good thing as it helps you remember the facts better.

I wouldn't say it was just bad luck, it was over 20 games and he was directly to blame in some of those games for poor defending. He's a left sided Glenn Johnson imo.

Not rate Ramsey?

Haha agree to diasgree. Yeah I rate Ramsey but since his injury he hasn't really performed and lived up to his hype. Massive season for him this one. Think with Wales we have got some decent players like Bale, Ramsey, Allen, Bellamy, Williams, Taylor and before Speed died there was huge optimism about this qualifying group. Coleman's lost his 3 games in charge, but to be fair the first was a memorial match for Speed and then a very tough friendly against Mexico. But against Bosnia we were all over the place, and we hoofed it a lot, which is very worrying considering the passing game we played under Speed. Got my ticket for the Belgium game but suddenly everyone's all doom and gloom. With Hazard playing well and Fellaini's monsterous performance vs United it doesn't look good especially when they have the likes of kompany, vermaelen, vertoghen, witsel, mirallas, dembele and lukaku to add to the two I've mentioned. Hell of a young squad. Ooops I need reminding sometimes that this is an Everton forum....

Edited by Geth