IGNORED

Gareth Bale

Haha agree to diasgree. Yeah I rate Ramsey but since his injury he hasn't really performed and lived up to his hype. Massive season for him this one. Think with Wales we have got some decent players like Bale, Ramsey, Allen, Bellamy, Williams, Taylor and before Speed died there was huge optimism about this qualifying group. Coleman's lost his 3 games in charge, but to be fair the first was a memorial match for Speed and then a very tough friendly against Mexico. But against Bosnia we were all over the place, and we hoofed it a lot, which is very worrying considering the passing game we played under Speed. Got my ticket for the Belgium game but suddenly everyone's all doom and gloom. With Hazard playing well and Fellaini's monsterous performance vs United it doesn't look good especially when they have the likes of kompany, vermaelen, vertoghen, witsel, mirallas, dembele and lukaku to add to the two I've mentioned. Hell of a young squad. Ooops I need reminding sometimes that this is an Everton forum....

I could have predicted this as soon as Coleman was hired. He's dog shit. The Welsh FA should've hired Speed's assistant, IMO. He knew what Speed wanted, where he wanted to take this Welsh side etc etc.

I could have predicted this as soon as Coleman was hired. He's dog shit. The Welsh FA should've hired Speed's assistant, IMO. He knew what Speed wanted, where he wanted to take this Welsh side etc etc.

Yeah I agree with you. Raymond Verheijen, even though he's an outspoken c***, was the man to take over. The players liked him and he would have taken over from Speed nicely. We'll see how it goes, might be pleasantly suprised. Our main problem is a centre back with Ashely Williams. You get Coleman defending James Collins for pulling out of the squad for the Bosnia game because of a 'hernia' problem and then he goes an plays 90 mins for west ham. Explain that one.

I do know people who stop liking bands when they become poular - it's a little sad. They don't want to be associated as the bloke who goes into HMV after the Brit awards and buys a copy of every album nominated for the best of the year.

It's a way of saying, "I know my music, you know nothing you sheep"

I'm not even a sheep, i'm a radio 2 nostalgia merchant.

I do know people who stop liking bands when they become poular - it's a little sad. They don't want to be associated as the bloke who goes into HMV after the Brit awards and buys a copy of every album nominated for the best of the year.

I'm not even a sheep, i'm a radio 2 nostalgia merchant.

I think it's more the radio kills them, and some bands then play into the mainstream eg. Kings of Leon who went gash also Nelly Furtado who went slut and repetitive. The Killers stayed strong, only bad thing was it encourages a batch of shit bands like The Zutons or Jamie fucking T. Then there are mysteries like Coldplay who suddenly became massive even though it's nearly a decade since their one phenomenal song (The Scientist).

Personally waiting for The Kills to get a bit bigger (slowly getting there lately) so my mates will go with me. Hope Modest Mouse start popping up over here as well.

Edited by pete0

Is there any web sites that let you discover bands by genre? - when I say genre for example I love Ocean Colour Scene, very difficult to find a similar sounding band.

http://www.liveplasma.com/#/artist/Ocean_Colour_Scene/601d793d-7e96-4bb6-b4a6-712d5c926259/GB

Embrace and Supergrass not quite similar sounds but people who also listen to OCS listen to them.

Just trying to think of bands that over the years fit the category....off the top of my head...

Dire Straits, Travis, Coldplay, Snow Patrol maybe?

Fine if people don't like them in the first place but to only like them when they're a secret is daft.

I bet Gareth Bale isn't that shallow (<<<see what I did therecool.png ).

http://www.liveplasma.com/#/artist/Ocean_Colour_Scene/601d793d-7e96-4bb6-b4a6-712d5c926259/GB

Embrace and Supergrass not quite similar sounds but people who also listen to OCS listen to them.

I listen to OCS but think Embrace are shite!!! I like Supergrass though - Shed Seven/Charlatans are similar I suppose but they're from a similar era. I've progressed to the Arctic Monkey and Kasabian and more recently the Courteeners from liking OCS, Oasis, Stone Roses, James etc...

Is there any web sites that let you discover bands by genre? - when I say genre for example I love Ocean Colour Scene, very difficult to find a similar sounding band.

Youtube is the best thing for that haf, when you are watching something you like say OCS for example, checkout all the stuff on the right hand side listed ie the other vids, if you look through through them you often find new bands similar sort of music, ive found loads of stuff searching that way.

I had a look at the first page and can't honestly tell where exactly it deviated from the original topic.

So Bale has some ears pinned back?, well maybe I'd rather talk about music groups too..

Or shredded wheat, or rising damp, or dwarf tossing in Liechtenstein..... anything would be better conversation I do feel.

I had a look at the first page and can't honestly tell where exactly it deviated from the original topic.

So Bale has some ears pinned back?, well maybe I'd rather talk about music groups too..

Or shredded wheat, or rising damp, or dwarf tossing in Liechtenstein..... anything would be better conversation I do feel.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/1969-what-are-you-listening-to/page__st__3400&do=findComment&comment=303986

• 1 year later...

If I were Gareth Bale:

In the world of professional football, you probably know a few good guys who know a lot of key people. If you get a hinge of one of them wanting to become an agent, as Gareth Bale (before his big transfer), I'd immediately talk to that guy.

What I'd do, is start an incorporation around this/these person(s) and set up a remuneration scheme of wage+bonuses. Give them enough means to rent an office, buy a lexus, a blackberry and a new set of suits. So that's about 500,000 pounds. As the owner, I would get the profits. Obviously, I'd sign myself at my own agency, then get that 100 million euros transfer and strike up 10 million as agent's fees. After taxes and bonuses, that'd be (just a guess) about 5 million of pure profits.

Afterwards you can sell the incorporation to the agent(s) himself/themselves for 1 million pounds, which he can afford cause of his bonus. They're business will have take off anyway, cause they did the greatest transfer ever and will use that argument to attract more professional players. That's a great money multiplier isn't it? :)

I saw something funny the other day, so it's great that this has been bumped as it's the perfect place to put it. I don't dislike Bale too much, I actually think underneath it all he's not like Ronaldo, even though he wants to be Ronaldo. I do however believe that they hype around him is insane. We will see if he can keep his feet on the ground over there (no pun intended).

I've read the replies in the other threads, I plan to reply later. I'd do it now but I haven't been sleeping recenty and I'm fucking knackered. Just gonna lie on the couch like a zombie and watch the game.

ajuuz6.jpg

Edited by Nikica

• 2 weeks later...

Coming into a bit of form isn't he? Will be interesting to see how it goes for him from here. I'm still not convinced that Real M have enough creativity to break down compressed defences in the latter stages of the CL. A lot will depend on if Isco performs, if he can even get a start.

As for Bale, I've been critical of him in the past, but fair play to him. That transfer fee is a massive noose around his neck and he's starting to deal with it. Let's see if he can maintain his impressive form.

Edited by Nikica