IGNORED

Steve Round

he wasn't lookin for negatives from what i read there? was just askin why lately and not earlier or what had he done so special lately? how is that lookin for negatives? sensitivity strikes again

Hey soft lad - let Louis speak for himself and stop having little digs. Yes, I'm sensitive, but not overly so, and I think I'm able to decide for myself as to whether a guy misinterpets my intentions or not. I offer Round a bit of credit and guys are defensive? Get a fucking grip. We should all be positive.

he has done nothing wrong,but early last year and really since he came he's carried the can for the poor displays,quite a few on this forum where slating him.

I think many of us were slating Moyes for not having coaches with attacking backgrounds. Like always, when things are poor on the pitch, discussions are negative off it.

If we lose today, Round will be a useless twat by tea time. laugh.png

i did like irvine but he chose to leave and to be fair he failed so he's lucky to be back,he isin control of the academy nothing as far as i know to do with the 1st team.

Failed? Preston got rid of his best players and wrongly replaced him with flavour of the month Ferguson. Says a lot when the fans don't want the manager to be sacked.

'Preston fans held a small demonstration outside Deepdale prior to kick-off to protest against Alan Irvine's dismissal this week.'

General consensus. Irvine and Moyes seemed a lot closer, almost mutual relationship, but with Moyes having the final say. Moyes and Round is more a student master relationship.

I can't really see where your getting this from but Moyes and Irvine had already worked together at Preston so have worked together for a number of years. Moyes must have respect for Round as he had to 'buy him out' of his Newcastle contract where he was previously employed - Round was Moyes' choice. Part of me has agreed when people have suggested freshening it up with the backroom/assistants to bring fresh ideas e.g. Ferguson with his different assistants but this team seems to be working and I think our key management figures - Moyes/Round/Irvine are very likeable and I'm proud of the set-up we have.

I think the problem was more to do with not having any attacking coaches in the backroom staff and the negative tactics that were happening at the time.

I too think Round might be a yes guy, either that or Moyes just doesnt listen to him. Some of the team selections and substitutions last year were baffling to say the least.

• 2 years later...