IGNORED

Warning Point

pete0

I don't agree with my warning. A S*n backer, who is pro-censorship and against freedom of speech will be treated with disregard, especially the significance of his timing. I proved the idiot is a wind up merchant as he contradicts his own morals so was just being a bellend for his own shits and giggles.

"Get your fucking head out of our arse you childish little blirt and understand this, I agree with what you are saying that he shouldnt have to censor anything etc and abbie clancy was wrong etc etc I understand and agree with all that I just dont agree with the way in which Jose said those comments on twitter."

Either that, or he is a stupid cunt. TT is for the thinking Evertonian, it shouldn't be littered with the absolute nonsense he was spouting. No other mods complained in the thread, as I assume they could plainly see what I was doing and why.

Also how many times has abuse been banded about by other members without a warning?

Finally, for the use of the word cunt (used profusely on this forum), if you read it properly the adjective I've used is thick, and that's what should be offensive.

Edited by pete0

I don't think he's alone in this, but it's not something I would advertise.

If people are going to give them out then at least let the reasons be justified. And what's the maximum number anyway or limit, can we have a little more insight on this issue? But please let's not just dish these out if it's not really warranted. I prefered it when from before when these things were not even evident. If someone crosses a line or gets out of order then a simple word from an 'authority' figure should be suffice.

I don't agree with my warning. A S*n backer, who is pro-censorship and against freedom of speech will be treated with disregard, especially the significance of his timing. I proved the idiot is a wind up merchant as he contradicts his own morals so was just being a bellend for his own shits and giggles.

"Get your fucking head out of our arse you childish little blirt and understand this, I agree with what you are saying that he shouldnt have to censor anything etc and abbie clancy was wrong etc etc I understand and agree with all that I just dont agree with the way in which Jose said those comments on twitter."

Either that, or he is a stupid cunt. TT is for the thinking Evertonian, it shouldn't be littered with the absolute nonsense he was spouting. No other mods complained in the thread, as I assume they could plainly see what I was doing and why.

Also how many times has abuse been banded about by other members without a warning?

Finally, for the use of the word cunt (used profusely on this forum), if you read it properly the adjective I've used is thick, and that's what should be offensive.

You couldn't have taken this up with the mod who issued the warning by PM?

I hate that word if I'm honest.

Can't we have a swear word censorship? Swearing is so boring on a forum. shaking%20fist.png

We're adults (I don't know of any kids on here, by age at least ;)), so if some want to swear then that's the way it is, and if some don't want to use swear words then that's fine too. But censorship is wrong, IMO.

You couldn't have taken this up with the mod who issued the warning by PM?

We're adults (I don't know of any kids on here, by age at least wink.png), so if some want to swear then that's the way it is, and if some don't want to use swear words then that's fine too. But censorship is wrong, IMO.

If I had been pm'd I would have kept it to that, but It was via email, which I thought was a bit strange. Plus I'd like to see the other mods views, as if I had to guess on which mod would give me a warning first I would have been proven right. There were many worse exchanges between other members over the summer that when on for much longer, and I also have had more heated arguments with Dunc without receiving a warning. TBH if it was any other mod, I'd have been more accepting, but it's obvious this one has taken a disliking to me in recent months, which I'm not arsed about, but he should stay impartial regardless.

If I had been pm'd I would have kept it to that, but It was via email, which I thought was a bit strange. Plus I'd like to see the other mods views, as if I had to guess on which mod would give me a warning first I would have been proven right. There were many worse exchanges between other members over the summer that when on for much longer, and I also have had more heated arguments with Dunc without receiving a warning. TBH if it was any other mod, I'd have been more accepting, but it's obvious this one has taken a disliking to me in recent months, which I'm not arsed about, but he should stay impartial regardless.

I don't know their reasons behind emailing rather than PM'ing, maybe they thought it would be a better way of keeping it civil? The reason you got a warning is because there was a complaint, it wasn't that that mod took it upon themselves to give you a warning point. That's not how it works. So even if a mod (I really don't know who you might be talking about if I'm honest!) has taken a dislike to you then that isn't the reason for the warning.

Romey, it seems to me that the site needs a little clarity regarding what is and isn't acceptable, as at the moment, the rules ask that members avoid swearing. huh.png

I'm sure you'll point to the 'not set in stone' comment, but leaving things open to interpretation is often the cause of many problems on forums.

Swearing has nothing to do with being either a kid or an adult. It has the tendency to cause offense, and should therefore have boundaries in social areas. The writer may in your eyes have the option of deciding whether to swear or not, but what of the reader?

The forum will have a word filter that prevents certain words from appearing on the page. 'Cunt' for example (disgusting word btw) would then appear as ****.

It would be a sad reflection of the times if those that preferred not to have to read or use such profanity were to feel in the minority, and viewed as trouble causers, as opposed to the swearers having a little courtesy for their fellow members. wink.png

Site Rules

ToffeeTalk is the fastest growing unofficial Everton F.C community on the Internet.

ToffeeTalk tries to offer a unique online experience for Evertonians who are genuine enthusiasts of the beautiful game. It was established in late 2002 as the interactive arm of the now historically challenged EFC -Online.net.

ToffeeTalk has fast become an impressive alternate online community drawing on a vast member base from all over the world. ToffeeTalk's large membership number incorporates Evertonians both locally, nationally and internationally, we have regular contributions coming from as far as Australia, U.S.A, South Africa, India and all throughout Europe.

SECTION 1

Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - RACIST REMARKS

B - SEXIST REMARKS

C - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS

D - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE

E - TERMINAL ILLNESS

F - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING

G - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT CLIVE THOMAS

It is understood that from time to time especially on a football forum subjects such as the Hillsborough or Heysel Disaster, Michael Shields, Bradford Park Fire, Munich Air Disaster et al will arise . We ask that any discussion is to remain respectful at all times due to the sensitive nature of the topic.

Please remember this is a public domain, an opinion or the re-emergence of such sensitive topics can open old wounds for so many friends, relatives, and loved ones.

The ToffeeTalk Philosophy is to always adopt common sense aproach when addressing any issues.

SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

A • TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users. Please

apply commonsense, some abbreivations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

B - CAPITALS - Please refraln from uslng them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people conslder it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldn't shout your opinion in a conversation so please don't do it on here. We don't mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however.

C - OVERSIZE SIGNATURES - We ask you to keep them to a reasonable size.

D - MULTIPLE THREADS - We ask members not to start multlple threads on the same subject.

E - TOPICS - Please place new toplcs In the most appropriate forum. For example post your transfer rumours in the rumour sectlon rather than the General Everton discussion.

F - SMILEY FACES - We have no objections to their use but please don't go overboard.

G - RIVAL SUPPORTERS - Whilst ToffeTalk is predomlnantly an Everton community, the views and opinions from supporters of rival clubs are both welcomed and appreciated (the exception being Alan Green - no one should take any notice of him). Of course, banter has always been a key theme of ToffeeTalk but if we find it to be abusive, the offenders will be dealt wlth swlftly.

H - SWEARING - Please try to avoid swearing.

These rules are not written in stone but they are what we expect of our members.

Younger members are not to be discouraged but we must make you aware that it is predominantly an adult website where we post lots of pictures of naked women and we don't want to hurt your eyes.

Furthermore it's worth noting that when a discussion reaches a dead end or loggerhead. We have found it much better from experlence to simply Agree To Disagree.

On behalf of the whole Toffetalk team please feel a whole hearted welcome. Please remember, all are welcome to join and enjoy thls little piece of cyber bliss, look after it, meet the locals and discover what's involved in the Toffetalk experlence..

Followed by a moderator request to respect them ...

name='Matt' timestamp='1319127161' post='260574']

Just a reminder to look at the site guide lines everyone:

http://www.toffeetal...embers-new-old/

Seems some of us have been getting a little carried away (mods and admin included here), with swearing mostly and opening new threads without checking to see if there are old ones available (top left corner kids, its not hard!!!). Swearing will only be tolerated so long as it is not malicious, this isnt a "PG" site afterall.

I know in the heat of debate there can also be some name calling and what not, but there have been one or two examples recently of some over the top and downright disgusting comments being made by a select few. Some of them have been banned, others are on their final warning.

Lets keep this place at a good standard, one that welcomes new comers and doesnt put people off.[/b]

Well it's just my opinion that censorship in this case would be wrong, if more would like it to be a requirement not to swear rather than just a request then I'm sure it'll be looked at. But, as far as I'm concerned, if it's not excessive or used in an abusive way (i.e. "fuckinghell, that was shit" and not "fuck off, you're a wanker") then it's not a problem.

Censorship is ridiculous IMO. It's only a word ffs, get over yourselves.

If you really find it that offensive then there should be an optional way of hiding words that you find offensive. I'd be pretty miffed it I was forced into censorship because it would make the forum pretty hard to read, the Newcastle match-day thread would simply appear as '********** **************** linesman **************'.

CUNT <3

I don't know their reasons behind emailing rather than PM'ing, maybe they thought it would be a better way of keeping it civil? The reason you got a warning is because there was a complaint, it wasn't that that mod took it upon themselves to give you a warning point. That's not how it works. So even if a mod (I really don't know who you might be talking about if I'm honest!) has taken a dislike to you then that isn't the reason for the warning.

Thanks for the extra information.

This sounds like I'm interrogating you, so I'll leave my next questions to other mods.

There was no mention of that in the email. If there's a complaint, I shouldn't get a warning point straight away, there should be more communication. Don't mods discuss wether a warning is warranted? Howcome, I am not informed about who complained?

To who ever complained, you dont have to read my post, block my content if it really upsets you so much.

I didnt chose to email you rather than PM, the warning system does that itself. We fill in the form and it takes care of the rest.

The content of the argument was not the issue, it was the abusive reaction to it.

In no situation is it ok to call someone a cunt for having a different opinion.

Someone doesnt have to complain for a warning to be issued, the content posted speaks for itself. People should not have to block certain users, this is a public forum for discussions to take place.

I'll say it again, but read the rules.

SECTION 1

Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - RACIST REMARKS

B - SEXIST REMARKS

C - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS

D - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE

E - TERMINAL ILLNESS

F - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING

G - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT CLIVE THOMAS

If it seems like i've taken a dislike to you in recent months then i'm sorry but that has not been my intention. Besides, in recent months I have not been online much to have actually thought about it.

verbal warnings were given for them as the site didn't have warning points at the time..i know this cos i got one cos someone(nameless) bitched..hence why i fucked off for a bit to let things cool

I didnt chose to email you rather than PM, the warning system does that itself. We fill in the form and it takes care of the rest.

The content of the argument was not the issue, it was the abusive reaction to it.

In no situation is it ok to call someone a cunt for having a different opinion.

Someone doesnt have to complain for a warning to be issued, the content posted speaks for itself. People should not have to block certain users, this is a public forum for discussions to take place.

I'll say it again, but read the rules.

If it seems like i've taken a dislike to you in recent months then i'm sorry but that has not been my intention. Besides, in recent months I have not been online much to have actually thought about it.

Thank you. Although if you do or do not, it's up to you, I really don't mind.

If it's personal abuse, did they also get a warning? "Get your fucking head out of our arse you childish little blirt".

However, I believe the abuse was warranted as it got that reaction and proved the poster is a hypocrite (fitting of both meanings).

'a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religiousbeliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.'

'a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, orstatements belie his or her public statements.'

Censorship is ridiculous IMO. It's only a word ffs, get over yourselves.

If you really find it that offensive then there should be an optional way of hiding words that you find offensive. I'd be pretty miffed it I was forced into censorship because it would make the forum pretty hard to read, the Newcastle match-day thread would simply appear as '********** **************** linesman **************'.

CUNT <3

It's only ridiculous to those that like to swear. It's not ridiculous to the more refined, cultured, mature, sophisticated leaders of men such as myself, who at great cost to their own agendas keep you mere Neanderthals in intellectual conversation so that others may benefit from our wisdom and measured debate.

Please tell me why you might find it difficult to express yourself without swearing?

TWAT ! <3

verbal warnings were given for them as the site didn't have warning points at the time..i know this cos i got one cos someone(nameless) bitched..hence why i fucked off for a bit to let things cool

What was it for? You weren't even one of the posters I had in mind, unless it's literally for the word cunt alone aha.

So can anyone just put a complaint in, and a warning is issued without any discussion? Flawed system if so.

What was it for? You weren't even one of the posters I had in mind, unless it's literally for the word cunt alone aha.

So can anyone just put a complaint in, and a warning is issued without any discussion? Flawed system if so.

the whole halewood argument and some other little bell cheese..i deserved it..just didn't like the way it was issued but it's sorted now..the warning system is a much better method..and i'd have assumed it was an automatic email to be honest..just like when you get a pm it emails you to tell you

as for the leader of men crap avin just spouted..i really hope that's sarcastic..and i think it is..cos that is bullcrap of the highest

ohmy.png This is part of what I was reading tonight, so it's all a bit deja-vu

I still can't comprehend why I have a damn warning point, I've been not guilty of any serious infractions? I'm going to let it lie, can't be asked with an argument at this hour.

Since we're at it however, people should be aware, that tonight -

I drunk a whole three liters of Heineken Beer ohmy.png , and not only that, but spent the evening in a Netherlands Soccer Replica major overreaction alert.gif

not only that, but - spat at a seagull major overreaction alert.gif

and wait for it.............. accused a woman motorist of 'favoring male genitalia' major overreaction alert.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm going to burn in hell for this unsure.png

We're going to bed now, but I'm damn scared I'm going to wake up in a flaming pit in hell with some other unrepentant sinners..

Yeah, they're going to toast my bones for sure..

It's a damn relief they abolished the death penalty in the UK when they did..

I seriously don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.