IGNORED

Drinking Inside The Ground

So at this world cup, maybe it was some ploy to make sure everyone was drinking budweiser inside the ground but fans were allowed to be in thier seats and drink. Now in the event that someone has a bit too much they have giant nets to stop objects and "missiles" (those Tomahawk's are a bitch if they hit you) being hurled onto the pitch.

What are your feeling to nets being errected and you being allowed to drink in your seat at Everton or even in england in general?

It would be a daft thing to allow in England and would lead to endless problems.

Germans don`t get really aggressive after a few beers (bar the odd knobheads).

37087[/snapback]

You can speak on behalf of the germans can you?

It would be a daft thing to allow in England and would lead to endless problems.

Germans don`t get really aggressive after a few beers (bar the odd knobheads).

37087[/snapback]

Couldn't this be construed as a racist remark using the strereotypical misconception that all English people will cause trouble under the influence of alcohol whereas people of German origin are more well behaved???

You seem to be the one throwing this word (racist) around recently so though I throw it back!!

Couldn't this be construed as a racist remark using the strereotypical misconception that all English people will cause trouble under the influence of alcohol whereas people of German origin are more well behaved???

You seem to be the one throwing this word (racist) around recently so though I throw it back!!

37098[/snapback]

It probably could, depending on the intelligence and motives of the construer. Where exactly did I use "all English people".

I lived in Germany for 8 years and England for 10, so I´m qualified to judge. I didn`t throw the word "racist" around, I used it directly when some mug called Germans nazis.

It probably could, depending on the intelligence and motives of the construer. Where exactly did I use "all English people".

I lived in Germany for 8 years and England for 10, so I´m qualified to judge. I didn`t throw the word "racist" around, I used it directly when some mug called Germans nazis.

37106[/snapback]

You stated that German football fans act differently to english fans under the influence of alcohol, that could be construed as racist by some people!!

The fact that you lived in Germany for 10 years does not make you qualified to judge unless you undertook a study concerning the behaviour of the two countries involved during that time. Did you??

AND you have used the word racist on at LEAST two occasions recently, the one you refer to above where you actually said that the level of racism tolerated on the Toffetalk website was intolerable (i.e. not mentioning the specific incident therefore implying that you had seen further evidence of racism). You also aimed the racisim tag at Reg when he referred to 'Prince of egypt' as 'habib' (friend?).

Just admit it, you only come here for one reason and that is to wind up blues and try to get us arguing against each other. as I've said before, why don't you go and stir up poo in a redshite room where you belong you sad little girl!

You stated that German football fans act differently to english fans under the influence of alcohol, that could be construed as racist by some people!!

The fact that you lived in Germany for 10 years does not make you qualified to judge unless you undertook a study concerning the behaviour of the two countries involved during that time. Did you??

AND you have used the word racist on at LEAST two occasions recently, the one you refer to above where you actually said that the level of racism tolerated on the Toffetalk website was intolerable (i.e. not mentioning the specific incident therefore implying that you had seen further evidence of racism). You also aimed the racisim tag at Reg when he referred to 'Prince of egypt' as 'habib' (friend?).

Just admit it, you only come here for one reason and that is to wind up blues and try to get us arguing against each other. as I've said before, why don't you go and stir up poo in a redshite room where you belong you sad little girl!

37111[/snapback]

That could be construed as absolute stupidity...................by some people of course.

I have no desire to turn anybody against each other. I didn`t aim it at reg, I asked the prince a question which he answered. Now go play in the park.

Id love to be able to drink in my seat but i dont like the idea of nets at all, dont they have nets in Italy but that missile still managed to hit Dida?

37073[/snapback]

well, true but the italians ones in the san siro were perspex walls rather than nets and so they were able to throw bottle's and flairs OVER the top and even some from the top tier, nets hung from the roof would combat this i believe.

I think it would solve alot of issues.

The recent extensions of licencing hours in pubs has seen the black spots of 11pm & 2-3am where the majority of violent incidents on the streets disappear. The figures of incidents are roughly the same but spread over the night and although working harder the police have been able to deal with all incidents as and when they happen.

To me this proves that allowing people to have a drink whenever they want has resulted in the same amount of dickheads causing trouble. However the police force can now manage each situation rather than being streached at peak times and sitting on their fat arses for the reamaing 4 hours of their shift.

Allowing drink at all times and up in the seats in football grounds throughout england would IMO mean one difference to the current matchday experience. The police would actually have to police rather than being paid for standing between the Bullens & Park End looking hard!

The ale is all sold in plastic cups so if anyone thinks people will start throwing the ale try throwing a plastic coke bottle (which they allow in the seats) and a plastic pint cup and see which one goes further and feels harder when it lands! I know there are going to be people who say that more will get pissed increasing the likelyhood of trouble but i dont agree. People who want a drink do it before, during & after the game, most of the half time drinkers will go down at 3:30 and get 2 pints for the remaining 15mins and half time anyway.

So what would be so wrong about allowing people to take ale up to their seats? I think it would decrease the amount of pre match drinking and spread the flow of custom throughout the game also increasing profits for the clubs.

Decisions like these all come from the police force in my opinion they charge us for standing a load of officers in one area of the ground when they could be policing the crowd and we could all be having a pint like those good old rugger chaps.

That could be construed as absolute stupidity...................by some people of course.

I have no desire to turn anybody against each other. I didn`t aim it at reg, I asked the prince a question which he answered. Now go play in the park.

37112[/snapback]

Then why does almost every thread you get involved in turn into an arguement?

There are other reds who come on here, xavier for instance who who whilst have differing opinions offer some intelligent contribution. You however offer nothing but snide comments like correcting people's spelling and grammar and causing general upset and annoyance to most.

Please ban her!!!

Personally, I would love to have the odd beer (although I am not sure whether it would be Chang) whilst sat in my seat watching the game.

The current law's make little sense in my opinion, for example

The current law forbids any spectator from drinking on a train or coach whilst on the way to the ground, yet they can drink as much as they like in the pub before the game...

However, if you try to enter the ground drunk, you can be refused entry and/or arrested!

But, once you are inside, you can drink as much as you can at the snack/drinks bar, but you can not drink in your seat?

I think that the introduction of netting is a very good idea. Not only would it stop the foolish drunks, it would stop the loosers who throw mobile telephones and other objects onto the field.

;)

Thats right to a point mate, if some d!ck wants to get a player then they will (as bluenose pointed out it didnt stop dida getting pelted by flares did it)

I would like a pint whilst in me seat but i can do with out if the law isnt to change (which i doubt it will)

Definately, I would agree that some d1ck will try his best to breach the netting. Darts and the like have been a problem for a long time at football games. I think it happened at Goodison Park a long long time ago. A goalkeeper was hit by a dart. Everton introduced the half circle behind either goal, which has long since gone now.

Netting would only be a prevention and not a cure.

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

The mobile phone incident?

But I agree, I dont think the amount of missiles would increase particularly, but the netting is a prevention.

What I was suprised about last season was the amount of racist abuse being shouted at times.

The first game of last season, when Yobo played the ball across the face of goal and Rooney scored, the amount of racist abuse from the top balcony of the main stand was disgusting.

When the matter was highlighted to the stewards it was ignored. I was told, "Right, I'll monitor it". We need to stub out racial abuse immediately in my honest opinion.

To allow drink onto the stands, although I would really enjoy having a bevvy watching the game, would just be a challenge for some idiots, who would be intent on getting blotto which means they loose their inhibitions and control, and MAY become violent, abusive, disorderly, etc, etc, etc.

Plus, although it may not directly effect the crowd during the game, it may well do after the game?

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

You are quite right, there was a mobile phone incident at Anield, but there was definately also a mobile phone thrown at Goodison also, I can remember it...it was the FA game against Man U last year, plus I found this on the internet...

click here for the article

37186[/snapback]

I think I see the point you're trying to make but would allowing a drink at your seat make THAT much difference than being allowed to drink under the stand.

There are four fellas who sit in front of me who disappear downstairs ten minutes before half time and reappear 10 minutes into the 2nd half and I'm sure they're not alone.

What I'm saying is that people can drink before/after and if they want during the game (1st half at least) so would allowing them at their seats (plastic cups of course) make a significant difference, especially if anyone throwing anything onto the pitch will be banned for life.

im not really in need of a pint in my seat as i can drink before, after and half time of the game. not really necessary, and i dont like the idea of nets. they wont stop phones and coins unless they are realy tight nets, then they would question the view of the pitch

The mobile phone incident?

But I agree, I dont think the amount of missiles would increase particularly, but the netting is a prevention.

What I was suprised about last season was the amount of racist abuse being shouted at times.

The first game of last season, when Yobo played the ball across the face of goal and Rooney scored, the amount of racist abuse from the top balcony of the main stand was disgusting.

When the matter was highlighted to the stewards it was ignored.  I was told, "Right, I'll monitor it".  We need to stub out racial abuse immediately in my honest opinion.

To allow drink onto the stands, although I would really enjoy having a bevvy watching the game, would just be a challenge for some idiots, who would be intent on getting blotto which means they loose their inhibitions and control, and MAY become violent, abusive, disorderly, etc, etc, etc. 

Plus, although it may not directly effect the crowd during the game, it may well do after the game?

37153[/snapback]

Racist remarks made about whom? Yobo?