IGNORED

Referees

Memmaclub

Pretty decent imo... Didnt have to do much though really.

I appreciate a response, but it's late and we're going to bed etc.

I'm still very pleased about getting a win over Tottenham today (Yesterday !), They are a decent side with some very good players, difficuilt opposition, and had a progress in the UEFA cup recently. We don't beat this opposition much, and in the manner it arrived, two goals in the final two minutes - fucking nice! It only goes to show, if a match official has a quiet game, or goes unnoticed, they at least have done a good job etc.

Now, if you'll excuse me, we're falling into bed... ohmy.png

I personally am not too bothered about the decisions, it's the lack of consistency that is the real problem. Each referee views each incident in a different light and the variables can be quite stunning. I know what I'm talking about because I've done it! I let a probable deliberate handball slide because the player involved already had a yellow card for a nothing incident (he was booked as an example to others because the game was getting a tad tetchy), the game was evenly balanced with about 5 mins to go and to award a penalty and send the player off would unfairly punish the offending player's team.

I had 3 seconds to think about it and that's the decision I came up with. Would I have come to the same conclusion in the first half? Probably not....that's the whole point.

But note I said probable. It cannot ever be proven that a handball was deliberate in most cases. Don't get me started on 'ball to hand' either! It's a lose-lose arguement.

These however are matters of opinion, not matters of fact.

Matters of fact include offside decisions, ball in/out of play, ball crosses goal-line yes/ no etc. These can be decided by replay evidence which surely must come. Matters of opinion will always be contentious issues and we are stuck with them until the Referee's Association gets it's shit together and does something positive about different training for referees.

That debatable decisions isn't very good.

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/debatable-decisions-epl-week-9

Has Suarez's goal as incorrect and Sterling not getting a second yellow as correct.

Also says the throw in was pretty obvious it come off a Everton player.. for me it was only obvious in slow mo.

The throw in is fortunate, but with a better ref we would have won that game regardless.

just for the record - the ref against Stoke offered us 0 protection against constant fouling and holding by Stoke -

Pienaar was manhandled out of contention a number of times and Fellaini and others were playing with Stoke safety belts around them in the box constantly -

the ref only issued 1 yellow card the whole game - ......... for ...... wait for it ........ time wasting -

many other sides would have received a penalty for the Stoke hand ball in the box -

we also had a few lucky escapes like the Fellaini headbutt -

all i am recording is yet another poor performance by a ref and other officials in an Everton game

Didn't I read not so long ago the match official had a good game in one of our most recent fixtures. In that there was no major complaints. Begovic got the yellow card, must have been content with a point as the time ticked down. I recall I also felt similar as the game entered it's closing moments.

I said it about the ref (Swarbrick) against Fulham away.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/12/21/100252-32471105/

While PGMOL chiefs are very happy with officiating so far this season, cautions are down, particularly those for dissent, but the one issue that stands out is holding and blocking at set pieces."

Are they taking the piss?

I'd rather see more lenient referees, that let innocuous challenges pass and only deal with serious issues or something that actually warrants a caution, rather than some card happy fucksticks waving reds and yellows at all and sundry for even the most innocent of incidents. But Yes, the general performance at times this season has been disappointing.

Shouldn't it be a one game ban only for Gibbo? And that's if we don't appeal successfully of course.

Anyway the referee today was possibly the worst I've seen all season, and that's saying something. I appreciate the fact they have a tough job, but it's like they get worse every week. Unless the authorities acknowledge that the level of officiating isn't improving, quite the opposite in fact, there won't be many changes sadly.

Shouldn't it be a one game ban only for Gibbo? And that's if we don't appeal successfully of course.

Anyway the referee today was possibly the worst I've seen all season, and that's saying something. I appreciate the fact they have a tough job, but it's like they get worse every week. Unless the authorities acknowledge that the level of officiating isn't improving, quite the opposite in fact, there won't be many changes sadly.

He wasn't the worst, at least he was consistant although his choice to finally brandish a yellow was odd (Nolan's cynical foul should have been the first booking).

Moss for QPR away. Unprofessional sending off of Pienaar, blatantly because he didn't like the cut of his jib.

He's also the same inconsistant fuck-wit that gave us 4 yellows to WBA's 1, he shouldn't be refereeing at this level ever again, at least not Everton games.

Edited by pete0