IGNORED

Kilbane retires

Louis

Was that a funny ?

Not really....just my take on the absurdity of your post.

Haf points out that Killa was the opposite of VDM....a class apart; so he was mentioning them in the same sentence to emphasise the difference. VDM was mentioned purely as a point of reference.

Seems simple enough.

Dixie Dean played for the same team as Andy Van Der Meyde - (no breath) there you go, i've gone and done it now!!!

To expand on my point for DK, VDM had the natural ability to be a great player (world class) but never achieved anywhere near what he should have done and his attitude stunk.

Kilbane didn't have the natural ability to be even a decent premiership footballer but he punched above his weight because he was a grafter who gave 100%. He is in the same bracket as the likes of Savage, McAteer, Keegan, Doyle, Neville - pros who made a good living based on little talent but unbelievable application.

Dixie Dean played for the same team as Andy Van Der Meyde - (no breath) there you go, i've gone and done it now!!!

To expand on my point for DK, VDM had the natural ability to be a great player (world class) but never achieved anywhere near what he should have done and his attitude stunk.

Kilbane didn't have the natural ability to be even a decent premiership footballer but he punched above his weight because he was a grafter who gave 100%. He is in the same bracket as the likes of Savage, McAteer, Keegan, Doyle, Neville - pros who made a good living based on little talent but unbelievable application.

Yes I was aware he was a good player and something of potential before the signing, he was said to be the one to watch at Euro 2004 or star attraction, but even that fell flat on it's face. Real disappointing, and the one thing I remember him for was when he had his residence raided and the thieves made off with his pet dog. Real shame for the player.

Worth saying I was merely making a reference also between two ex players. But enough of that, and let's give Kilbane once again our best wishes for his leaving as a player from the game. I think also it wouldn't be a surprise to see him return in some coaching capacity.in the future

Most frustrating player, he always produced more for Ireland than he did for us, but then Moyes didn't play him in his right possie if I remember. A real grafter though, he always played his heart out.

Good luck, Kevin.

He was great for us, very influential in the team's 4th place finish.