IGNORED

Paul Bearer R.I.P.

Finn balor

I attended two Wrestlemania's that will live with me forever, but simply don't have the same passion as years past.

Oddly enough I was reading an article of Bearer the other day and now this.

Greatest moment was at the Great American Bash in 2004 some may remember, but it's all storylined and fiction of course.

Calloway (Undertaker) himself is still involved since his 1990 debut and must be in his 50s by now or close to it, but sorry to hear of Mr Bearer (can't remember his real name) and this passing. My sympathies to his immediate family.

Joins an ever growing list of passed on wrestling names, Chris Benoit, Test, Crash Holly, Miss Elizabeth, Mr Perfect, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Savage etc.

They will be missed

I attended two Wrestlemania's that will live with me forever, but simply don't have the same passion as years past.

Oddly enough I was reading an article of Bearer the other day and now this.

Greatest moment was at the Great American Bash in 2004 some may remember, but it's all storylined and fiction of course.

Calloway (Undertaker) himself is still involved since his 1990 debut and must be in his 50s by now or close to it, but sorry to hear of Mr Bearer (can't remember his real name) and this passing. My sympathies to his immediate family.

Joins an ever growing list of passed on wrestling names, Chris Benoit, Test, Crash Holly, Miss Elizabeth, Mr Perfect, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Savage etc.

They will be missed

Macho man is Dead?

Gutted!

Been watching long before you were ever heard of. Yes it's staged and while some decent action now, it's nothing like I ever remember it. The Rock won the title again recently but is he still the champion. I don't even know the main event for this years Wrestlemania. As with soccer as a whole, have just lost interest in recent years.

What's the point of anything, I invariably ask myself from one day to the next

It's merely sports entertainment and people enjoy it enough, but you got to love those kids in the front row who believe it's all real and lap everything up. Whatever they do now, it's far better than Big Daddy and Kendo Nagasaki and Great Haystacks and other names from years past.

What's the point of anything, I invariably ask myself from one day to the next

It's merely sports entertainment and people enjoy it enough, but you got to love those kids in the front row who believe it's all real and lap everything up. Whatever they do now, it's far better than Big Daddy and Kendo Nagasaki and Great Haystacks and other names from years past.

They believed everything in the 70's, too. The unmasking of Kendo was big news and eagerly anticipated. I remember going to King's Hall, Belle Vue, as a kid and being mesmerised by the whole thing. Bit of a stretch to say modern stuff is 'better'. It's what you grew up with. Of course, these are just jejune reflections of a world that's long gone.

Edited by formby

But given the fact that it's staged what's the point in having a "champion"?

I always wonder that, there's always talk over whether the champion can 'retain' his title when its all staged so it's not down to skill or athleticism.

They have 'heels' and 'faces', or in other words, fan favorite wrestlers and those that get abuse from the crowd. There's always a certain reaction when one or the other wins a championship. Austin turned from good to bad, so to speak in 2001 when he joined forces with McMahon and sold out. We know it's staged and storylined, but the thing is, a great many people don't. I even believed it all myself for a time, going back far enough. Pity Lesnar was only involved for a short time and what a poor send off for him in 2004 with Goldberg in a total non-event match.

Used to love it when I was a kid. Hulk Hogan was (and still is) a legend, but Ultimate Warrior was always top dog for me!

I kind of remember being worried when I think Hulk got burried by Undertaker. I believed it so much, then my uncle thought it would be funny to tell me its fake. I was gutted.

Even when I knew it was fake in my teens, the whole time the Rock and Stone Cold were around was brilliant. The production and effort to put a show on like that must be huge!

When they split into Raw and Smack Down, it just went shit and out of control for me. New guys winning belts, about 20 different belts too, what happened to them being around for a while before they even get a title shot, back when there was just champ, intercontinental champ and tag team champ? Until Mankind went and made his own belt.

It used to be great, now its shit.

Oh, and RIP Paul Bearer.

Used to love it when I was a kid. Hulk Hogan was (and still is) a legend, but Ultimate Warrior was always top dog for me!

I kind of remember being worried when I think Hulk got burried by Undertaker. I believed it so much, then my uncle thought it would be funny to tell me its fake. I was gutted.

Even when I knew it was fake in my teens, the whole time the Rock and Stone Cold were around was brilliant. The production and effort to put a show on like that must be huge!

When they split into Raw and Smack Down, it just went shit and out of control for me. New guys winning belts, about 20 different belts too, what happened to them being around for a while before they even get a title shot, back when there was just champ, intercontinental champ and tag team champ? Until Mankind went and made his own belt.

It used to be great, now its shit.

Oh, and RIP Paul Bearer.

I stopped watching when it became the Rock/3:16 show. Too much of a soap opera, not enough wrestling.

I stopped watching when it became the Rock/3:16 show. Too much of a soap opera, not enough wrestling.

quotes have gone haywire, what's going on here.

Tried to say that Johnson (The Rock) played a big part in the WWFs most successful period with the Attitude era of the late 1990s. Although it was a concern sometimes with his saturation coverage (finally - I have returned to etc etc) and (It doesn't matter etc etc) and (your candy ass is next etc etc). Got a bit fucking boring in the end and of course there was Austin himself and his distinguishing characteristics. Channel Four used to put the shows on free to view up untill 2002 and after that just lost interest for a while.