IGNORED

The Grand National

EFC-Paul

It's that time of year again where the serial gambler and the annual tippler alike try their hand at the lottery that is the National.

With such a big field and a fair few good runners and options this year it's a tough one to call unless you do the old faithful and just pick a name that takes your fancy.

Rather then post multiple links to form guides and so on I'll pop this link on to a forum where a few Jockeys Handlers and regular horse tippers seem to post as it has some great in depth info on this years runners and will give you some good pointers and potential betting tips.

http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showthread.php?612-Aintree-Grand-National-2013/page10

These are who I've put on all E/W.........so far :)

Colbert Station 12/1

Sunnyhilboy 16/1

Ballabrigs 20/1

and My outsider is Lost Glory at 50/1

If the ground is right then Lost Glory has a good outsiders chance and bare in mind that last years winner was 35/1 so don't discount the longer odds.

Good Luck

Edited by EFC-Paul

It just goes to show how unpredictable a race it is, strangely it's the only horse who's name never even rang a bell when I was watching it I can't even remember seeing it in the runners list when I placed mine :/

I had an E/W accumulator on for the four races today including the national and all placed bar one......£17k from a tenner bastardo!!

I won about ten shillings (50p) when Red Alligator came third in the Foinavon national in 1967 (was six and my dad put the bet on before any unnecessary age jokesdry.png ) and then I won a few quid in the late eighties on something I can't remember the name of (I remember little of the eightiesunsure.png).

Gave up betting on it years ago, mug's game.

I don't care much for horse racing - except for the welfare of the animals themselves - and this year was no different. Don't know the winner and not really interested, but at 66/1, that was quite something. It's never the favorite that always gets in first though. I do hope no horses were hurt today. There's already been a few fatalities in practice runs the last few days and we don't need no more. You have to feel for the animals sometimes, but all some care about is greed and money and how much fucking money can be generated. Animals come second. Ok, they're not all like that, granted, but a fair percentage.

Just pleased it's over with, above all else.

My Uncle had a fiver each way on the winner, he almost but a tenner on it aswell! laugh.png I didnt bet on the national, but i did 2 accumulators today, first one has almost come in, just need Montpellier to win, 1-1 atm i think. The other is a goals galore that i will have to wait till tomorrow to see how i get on tongue.png

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Gave up betting on it years ago, mug's game.

Who you calling a mug old man ;)

No I fully agree to be honest I'm no serial gambler the National which is obviously once a year and I put a very small amount £2/£5 a week on a footie accumulator. I can fully understand how some people so easily fall in love with the risk and potential of winning big and sadly go down a dark path with it....

Once a start My new job and take a drop whilst training "crys" I'll knock it on the head hopefully along with the cigs.

I've only done the horse betting once and that was last year. My horse fell after about the third hurdle so I don't think I'm really cut out for it, I would have betted today but I couldn't be arsed driving into Wrexham to tip an animal who's sibling I'd just bought from Tesco.

I agree with horse racing too. It should not be banned.