IGNORED

Terry Venables was interested in buying Everton

Louis

It appears like some belated April the first humor at first glance but it's true of all things. I don't even know what to add to this. You can almost envisage Evans and Moyes next to each other looking on though, with Gordon Strachan thrown in, just for good measure. Here's another read if you wish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1184183/I-nearly-bought-Everton-13-5m-Nineties-reveals-radio-host-Chris-Evans.html

Terry Vegetables is the last person you would want to be involved in your club, look up the word Dodgy and you'll see his picture.

Just after he was sacked by the Evil emperor Sugar there was all that controversy, but in truth he was robbing the club blind, and he was caught with his hand in the till,he transfered £150,000 to save his failing business and around another 2 million in missing funds directly from the club. Obviously Sugar was not going to tolerate this and he had to go.

Ok as football fans we don't really care about finances if the club are successful on the footballing front and to be fair under Vegetables we finished 3rd and won the F A cup, and at the time it looked like we was building a succesful team with Ruddock, Sheringham, Barmby Campbell(spits) but in reality there were serious cracks and it was the start of a rapid decline in our fortunes and venables is not the football genius everyone was making him out to be, because if was then surely he would have gone on to manage a big club and euro 96 he did an adequate job.

But at the time I was spending a lot of my money supporting Spurs, as many home games as I could get to and a few away, new shirt every time they bought one out, videos and assorted shit from the shop, overpriced burgers at half time etc, and that was my money the dodgy fucker was stealing.

we seem to like dodgy managers Redknapp, Pleat who was done for Kerb crawling in Luton,

I lucky escape probably - Venables has always been, or has always been implicated - in some well dodgy business dealings. Spurs, as Paul 1300 recounts, and I would bet that he was not in the clean during his disasterous spell at Leeds. As for bigmouth Chris 'look at my motor' Evans, not only is he a Gwar, I have personally never forgiven him for marrying my then future wife to be BIllie Piper. Thank god it never happened. Better the devil you know etc...

I'll agree with venables staying away, but evans is a hugely successful businessman and that's what we need.

The link's from years ago, maybe when Gazza was playing for us - I seem to remember Danny Baker being something to do with it too (although he's a massive Millwall fan, so maybe not!!!)

From what I can ascertain, May usually follows on, from April.

after that, June, July, August, September, October, November and finally December. Now we're learning.

I haven't purchased 4-4-2 magazine for years, was a regular buyer at one time but lost interest and in the end it got too expensive. About 4-50 now for each edition ? A lot of kids who will be one target area won't easily be able to afford that. I prefered the rival publication they had for a long while, 'Goal' magazine. That was a much better read.

I'll agree with venables staying away, but evans is a hugely successful businessman and that's what we need.

If Venables is as shaky a businessman as everyone seems to think, then maybe Evans backed out of the deal for that reason alone. Doubt it, but just a thought.