IGNORED

QPR

Finn balor

Close bwtween Vic and Gibbo for me. Agree with those who see Pienaar as a fading light, sad but appears true.

Coleman played well throughout. A few loose touches in the first half marr the overall performance, but he was disciplined in defense and one of teh few to maintan an attacking intent throughout.

Fellaini was damn near invisible. Presumably he's either working into to saving himself for the arsenal game, but it had best be one or the either. His performance today was less than reassuring.

Howard has been at his best since Mucha came in. I think he needs the pressure. Would be smart of Moyes to create a little competition there and I think Mucha deserves the opportunity.

Osman and Mirallas were both below par, though both also had good touches. Like most of the team they seemed to be reserving themselves.

Vic was class. Don't think he lost a challenge in the first 60 minutes. Only real blight was the moan, and the drop that he and the whole team witnessed after the second goal. We should have pushed on from there and truly killed it. Instead we sat back and half drowned the game.

Baines started brightly but faded offensively. Simple but solid defensively.

Jags and Distin only allowed the one quality shot. Everything else was nullified before a threat even appeared. QPR offered nothing though. Remy has class, but without support was nude. Teraabt is a nonce. Clever touches galore, but no hear or drive.

Jella and Naismith were invisible. Oviedo should have have been the option.

No sympathy for 'Arry, the board, Fernandes, or that quarter of London. Can all go enjoy the native water and cry.

I'd maybe take Remy. Looks quick and sharp, but no way will we pay him 75,000 a week.

maybe? he could get a game for more than half the champions league sides, would walk into tottenham, us arsenal theres better teams than us 3 who would have him too. To much dreaming on this forum get back to reallity lads.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Well, apart from one spell of play at the beginning of the second half it was a pretty crap match to watch and we weren't really on our game. However, other than a couple of chances early in the first half we were still extremely comfortable and well worth the three points.

In the first half we were lacklustre in our play; we were just too slow. QPR actually had the better chances in the half and if not for Howard pulling off a couple of quality saves then they could have at least got themselves one goal. But, for once we got a bit of luck going our way with Gibson getting a massively deflected goal. However, not long before that the luck wasn't on our side when Gibson had another shot and Distin couldn't quite direct the ball towards goal. So I'll take any bit of luck that comes our way!

We came out for the second half and stamped our authority on the game big time. We played with a great tempo and lots of skill and vigour. QPR didn't know what had hit them. This is the only period of the game that I actually enjoyed. It really could have been any score at this point because we were creating chance after chance. It's this sort of play we need to show on Tuesday. We eventually did extend our lead with Anichebe getting a great poachers goal by being in exactly the right place to direct the ball into the net. After that brief flair of excellence we went back into our shells and played within ourselves and QPR got more of a foothold in the game, but didn't really cause us any problems.

Massive three points.

Howard - Mostly a day off for him but when called upon he made some great saves.

Baines - Very average. He didn't exactly do anything wrong but he just wasn't involved nearly enough for me, and didn't seem to show his usual energy levels in getting up and down the pitch. His corners were much improved though.

Distin - Solid defensively and I think he got on the end of every corner we had!

Jagielka - His passing was even worse than usual but he was solid defensively too.

Coleman - I was quite worried about how he'd do defensively up against Hoillet and it was apparent right from the off that he was going to run at Coleman all day, but I thought Coleman stood up brilliantly to the challenge and showed that he's really developing the defensive side to his game. I also thought that, other than a few sloppy passes, he did great attacking wise too. This was important for us as our left was lacking something yesterday.

Pienaar - His effort was there but he had an awful game. His passing and decision making were atrocious. Time and time again he'd fuck things up with a sloppy pass, or he'd try a stupid flick when simplicity was called for. It was like he was trying too hard.

Osman - Tbh I had to keep reminding myself that he was even on the pitch. Utterly anonymous.

Gibson - Fairly quiet in the first half but I thought he really stepped it up in the second half. His energy levels were right up there, and he mopped up everything in front of the defence by always being in the right place at the right time. Then you have his magnificent passing range to throw into the mix and he grabbed himself a goal. My MOTM.

Mirallas - Other than a couple of moments in the game I was pretty disappointed with his showing tbh, he didn't offer as much of a threat as he has done recently. The two flashes of brilliance he did show though made me very happy. His skill to set Anichebe up (how he managed to hit the post I'll never know!) was on another level, and his shot in the second half would have been a stunner of a goal if not for the keeper pulling off a quality save.

Fellaini - Like Baines he didn't really have a bad game, he was just very average and it wasn't a performance that will stick in your mind. In fact, I can't really recall what he did throughout the game other than get booked (undeservedly IMO). We need him to dominate on Tuesday, not cruise through the game like yesterday.

Anichebe - I didn't think he was quite as good as he has been the past couple of games (where he's got my MOTM vote) but that wasn't really to do with a lessening of the effort he was putting in, but more down to how the team performed for much of the game mixed in with some frustration at the treatment he was getting from the donkey's Samba and Hill (some petulance crept back into his game). However, he used his strength excellently once again. It's great seeing him realise that he's a big, powerful lad and using that to his advantage. This time he got the goal that had been missing from his previous showings and it was a great poachers goal. He really should have had two goals though. He showed brilliant composure to work an opening after Mirallas' wide play and then somehow managed to hit the post when it was easier to score!