IGNORED

Fulham

Guest rusty747

Sure. Don't see a problem with it with Fellaini next to him. Also, I'm thinking it might be the position that suits his style best. Sort of similar player to Osman, I feel.

Too risky putting a striker there imo, maybe if he got some experience there for the reserves first.

Too risky putting a striker there imo, maybe if he got some experience there for the reserves first.

I think he's already played there for Rangers and Kilmarnock (a couple of people mention they liked him in that position in these threads: http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137934&page=3 and http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?s=579cf0eb01d88ba4cd10900836ecf855&showtopic=130122&st=20)

Goddammit Fellaini, how'd you miss that?

That was another one of our 'shift' performances. We went out there, played attractive football and got the three points. We didn't do anything special but at the same time didn't give Fulham a sniff of scoring past us, I can't remember them putting a single shot on target to test Howard and I can only remember one chance that they had which Richardson blazed over the bar.

The goal was a good one from Pienaar, he showed great composure to slot the ball away and pushed on from that with a top display of old. Jelavic is starting to worry me however, today was probably the worst game he's had for us as nothing seemed to go right and nothing came close to it either. I remember one good chance he had which he blazed wide for a throw in. :unsure:

No? I thought Everton played an attractive football. They made Fulham bad. Could have been 4-5 everton goals if the finishing had been up to scratch. Would that have been a boring game?

We had lots of the ball, but no cutting edge. Fulham's game plan was off they sat back and let us play. I found it more a case of them walking and us jogging. Had Fulham stepped it up, it could have been a very worrying game. Overall it was a very controlled display, but lacked the spontaneity or class to make it entertaining and in the end we were lucky to win considering the only difference being a mucked shot.

in the end we were lucky to win considering the only difference being a mucked shot.

Sorry but I totally disagree with that. We showed cutting edge when we needed to and Fulham didn't. I think we didn't get out of second gear because we didn't need to.

congratulations with the win Everton -

we should have scored more - we are clearly missing a classy striker to make teams pay -

we still played too many back passes for my liking - once out of their penalty box right back all the way to Howard -

I don't like seeing that - but I suppose 3 points is all that counts

Weird game really. Fulham didnt come to win and whilst they got men behind the ball we still cut through them quite easily. Once Berbatov went off they looked even more toothless and although they created a couple of chances, I dont think Howard had to make a save. I thought we we average at best for the majority of the game. We put together some lovely moves at times but couldnt quite finish them off.

Pienaar and Baines were back at the top of their game and Fellaini again dominated midfield, which he had too because Osman was almost non existant. I also thought Vic, Jela and Mirallas were really quiet right up until Barkley came on as I thought we stepped up a gear when he did. Vic was more central and started linking the play, Mirallas was able to get on the ball and linked up nicely whilst Barkley didnt do anything special he played a couple of decent balls, showed good awareness to link the midfield with Vic/Mirallas and should have bagged himself a goal. I think the team that finished the game is the best team we have at the moment with Gibson coming in for Osman when he is fully fit.

Cant say im looking forward to the Derby but there are certainly reasons to be optimistic.