IGNORED

Anybody else feeling excited?

Hi folks from North of the border - just browsed your site to see who you all fancied for manager and cannot believe some of the opinions

I totally understand the desire for Laudrup but Martinez?!?! FFS man talk about setting your sights low - you're Everton for goodness sake not some club happy for league survival.

Incidentally, why the huge animosity for Neil Lennon? As a Celtic fan I don't want him to go anywhere but if you look at what he has done up here and in Europe with a budget most Championship managers would laugh at, he's surely a candidate at least.

Now I know most EPL fans regard Scottish football as just below the regional girls under 11s level down south but some of his signings have been sensational - Wanyamma (absolute cert to get sold for over 10 million having been bought for 600,000), Hooper, Forster (England cap very soon), Ledley, Matthews etc - I'd be very interested to see what he could do with decent cash.

Btw I fully expect to get slaughtered for the above.

Anyway, I hope you make the right choice because it's been too long since I saw Everton win stuff and as much as I like Moyes I think the time is right for a divorce.

Always had a soft spot for Everton since watching your teams from the mid eighties and the few times I've came down for a game - proper club, proper fans unlike so much of the EPL dross.

Hi guys. Its been a long time ive been here last time, but had to join and see what are you guys thinking. I cant say im excited, more like nervous, like always when some big changes are coming in life.

My thought about names:

Di Matteo. NO. He had a ready team, and only could get them parking a bus. No respect for that CL title. He also lost the dressing room for players.

Lennon: NO. Looks like a poor mans Moyes.

Arry: NO. We dont have the money he needs to buy average players at ridiculous prices. And hes face is too red to be a Blue.

Laudrup: NO. Just the compensation money is needed elsewhere. 1 season with league cup title is not good enought imo. Not convicted.

Big Dunc: NO. Not yet at least. Hes just started and let him learn with time. Hes my hero and i dont want to throw him to the lions.

OŃeill: Not really opinion about him, so i just play safe and say NO.

Hughes: NONONONO. all said.

Martinez: YES Lot of people seem to forgot the fact, that hes the man behind Swanseas playing style and created the bottoms for laughable brendan and Laudrup. Hes also found a lot of good players cheap.

Pereira: YES. Done good job with Portugals biggest club atm. Out of contract in summer.

Bilic: YES, he would be my top choice i guess. Not sure is he available or even interested.

Round: YES. More i think about this, more its sounding great for me. If he just wants the job. He as someone like Stubbsy as second could be great. He knows everything at the club atm. Easy, but could still be very good solution.

Edited by LexKing

Hi guys. Its been a long time ive been here last time, but had to join and see what are you guys thinking. I cant say im excited, more like nervous, like always when some big changes are coming in life.

My thought about names:

Di Matteo. NO. He had a ready team, and only could get them parking a bus. No respect for that CL title. He also lost the dressing room for players.

Lennon: NO. Looks like a poor mans Moyes.

Arry: NO. We dont have the money he needs to buy average players at ridiculous prices. And hes face is too red to be a Blue.

Laudrup: NO. Just the compensation money is needed elsewhere. 1 season with league cup title is not good enought imo. Not convicted.

Big Dunc: NO. Not yet at least. Hes just started and let him learn with time. Hes my hero and i dont want to throw him to the lions.

OŃeill: Not really opinion about him, so i just play safe and say NO.

Hughes: NONONONO. all said.

Martinez: YES Lot of people seem to forgot the fact, that hes the man behind Swanseas playing style and created the bottoms for laughable brendan and Laudrup. Hes also found a lot of good players cheap.

Pereira: YES. Done good job with Portugals biggest club atm. Out of contract in summer.

Bilic: YES, he would be my top choice i guess. Not sure is he available or even interested.

Round: YES. More i think about this, more its sounding great for me. If he just wants the job. He as someone like Stubbsy as second could be great. He knows everything at the club atm. Easy, but could still be very good solution.

Steve Round? Really? Not seen too many people that would be pleased with that!

controversial one....Rafa? He's managed the shite and he gets lots of negative comments but he's also done very well at most places, highly unlikely really though!

Laughable that Neville is such a low price to take the job, I'd heard he'd be going to join Moyes coaching team at Utd and really don't think we should be taking on anyone that hasn't managed before.

Guy Poyet would be a good appointment but he would only be interested if Brighton fail to get promotion. Tonights result will be interesting. If Palace get a win by a couple of goals then he could become a much more likely proposition. Personally I fancy they'll beat Palace though.

Don't see laudrup leaving when he has a new contract, a team that are doing well and European football to look forward to.

I dont get why so many people are pro Bilic. He did well with the Croatia but that is a millions miles from managing a club team.

What else has he done? I think Iv read he is in Russia at the moment, so how has he done there? How do his team play & how has he done with small budgets?