IGNORED

Stefan Johansen

I've seen all of their games so far, but I haven't really noticed him yet. Their standout player has been Havard Nielsen so far for me, plays for Salzburg. They're a good team, playing well. They have also had that Manchester City midfielder that we've been linked with, Abdessalam Ibrahim, coming of the bench. The Daily Mail likens him to Yaya Touré when they link him to us, but I haven't seen it yet :D

I'll be paying attention to this guy when they play Spain in the semi finals.

I'm Norwegian and I watch the Norwegian league all the time! I think he has been the best player this season so far in Norway. He has great pace, good with the ball, can score from distance, and has a great passing foot. Would love to see him in a blue kit.

Would you compare him to Kim Källström?

I have not seen kallström much.

so i cannot tell. tomorrow playing u21 semi finals against spain in euro. will be interesting to see him vs elite competition

Which norwegian player would you compare him to? Old or new. (I wanted to compare to Källström as HElvheims description of Johansen sounded like Källström, apart from the pace part)

Halftime at the Spain-Norway semi final: 1-0. Norway playing 4-3-3:

739189_Norway.jpg

Probably not the best game to showcase his ability on the ball (they've had 32% possession after 38 minutes). He's playing disciplined, not actually winning the ball, but he's staying in cover and preventing them from playing through them. Isco is popping up in his zone a lot and he has turned him twice, but Isco is top class. He has shown his (quite impressive) acceleration a couple of times when closing down. When Norway have possession, he drops in between the centre backs as the full backs push on, but their goal keeper has persisted with going long as Spain has been putting pressure on both him and the centre backs. He did show his range of passing once when he opened up play with a pass from the left centre back zone onto the right winger's chest. He's also on corner duties, though they've only had one so far. He put one in from the right, it was hard and into the right area, but a Spaniard got his head to it.

Now that Malaga are banned for a year from all European competition, and given the above report, maybe it's time to poach Isco!

No way we could afford Isco, and I think he'll have better offers from bigger clubs than Everton.

Edited by Quinn31