IGNORED

Tahiti versus Spain

Condescending bullshit from the Spaniards. Pedro;

"Tahiti will do everything they can to frustrate us," he said. "It's an important game, and we must respect our opponents. We must also make sure we don't take victory as a given, or think too much about the number of goals we might score."

No, he can't come out and say; "We expect we will win 12-0" but if there is nothing to say then say nothing.

I won't be watching. Spain are boring.

To be honest I'm surprised the odds are even that favorable. Has there ever been a bigger upset in recent memory than what a Tahiti win over Spain would become? They have one professional player on their entire roster.

Are they better or worse than San Marino?

Spain will get told to go easy on them imo, i doubt you will see more than 6/7 it could end up about 20-0 in theory but that would be bad for the game and the Confederations Cup

I don't think they'll actually be told to take it easy and they'll want to stretch their gd a bit to try and make sure they top their group, imo it'll look like a training game and they'll get 8/9.

What was the final score.

I've seen and remember some large successes including England against Luxembourg and Turkey many years ago and Western Samoa (not 100 per cent on that) had a great beating by someone a year or two ago. I can't remember the opposition but the score was crazy, such as 36 - 0 or something. Too tired to think rationally in my defense. Still maintain Spain won't win another trophy in Brazil next year but time can only decide that.

• 3 weeks later...

What was the final score.

I've seen and remember some large successes including England against Luxembourg and Turkey many years ago and Western Samoa (not 100 per cent on that) had a great beating by someone a year or two ago. I can't remember the opposition but the score was crazy, such as 36 - 0 or something. Too tired to think rationally in my defense. Still maintain Spain won't win another trophy in Brazil next year but time can only decide that.

Australia 31 - 0 American Samoa... Record scoring official match, but a Mickey Mouse one at that.