IGNORED

Phobias

MikeO

Think I'd definitely struggle with those...very clever though.

They are brilliant and I thought as much.

Im not scared of hights but i got dizzy watching the video Rubes posted. I would however love to travel to el Camino del Rey after watchingthe video you posted. Has gone right to the top of my travel list. Going to show my wife the vid tonight and hope that she feels the same

They are brilliant and I thought as much.

Im not scared of hights but i got dizzy watching the video Rubes posted. I would however love to travel to el Camino del Rey after watchingthe video you posted. Has gone right to the top of my travel list. Going to show my wife the vid tonight and hope that she feels the same

It's strictly speaking illegal to walk it now I think, people have to climb over fences and stuff.

I don't have an issue with heights, been to the Eiffel Tower, Sears Tower Chicago (when it was), and even Spinnaker (Portsmouth) to a lesser extent. I don't wish to elaborate on sensitive issues but have a sort of agoraphobia where I may vomit or the extreme sun can cause similar issues or nausea. Not afraid of the dark, spiders or other harmless insects. I don't like flying as much as the next, but it's not really a phobia, although would prefer other modes of transport.

Not a phobia as such but last night it was really dark here (yes there are degrees of darkness for nights and last night was a DARK one) Anyway before bed I went for a pee and shut the toilet door behind me. I was just standing there and just put the light on when I was hit on the back of the head. I nearly shit myself.

Window was open and a feckin bird had flown in!

Not a phobia as such but last night it was really dark here (yes there are degrees of darkness for nights and last night was a DARK one) Anyway before bed I went for a pee and shut the toilet door behind me. I was just standing there and just put the light on when I was hit on the back of the head. I nearly shit myself.

Window was open and a feckin bird had flown in!

I would have shit myself and then demolished the bathroom/toilet trying to kill the fucking thing! :lol:

I don't appreciate flippant remarks on serious issues and don't want no scope for humor but said it before there is something amiss. In that an aversion to sunlight, distaste of garlic and general sharp objects and won't go near holy water. Rapid hair growth is another cause for concern but can actually see my reflection so all is not lost. I did take a bite out of my second wife once for good measure, but it was nothing malicious you understand.

I don't appreciate flippant remarks on serious issues and don't want no scope for humor but said it before there is something amiss. In that an aversion to sunlight, distaste of garlic and general sharp objects and won't go near holy water. Rapid hair growth is another cause for concern but can actually see my reflection so all is not lost. I did take a bite out of my second wife once for good measure, but it was nothing malicious you understand.

Lol

Just to add to the thread I've got a terrible fear of death. Can't control it and don't know if I ever will.

same here dude :(

Strange one that....it's the one inevitable result of being alive. Maybe things will change if/when you have kids....I know that for me virtually in the moment that Josh was born things sort of kicked into place, like I'd fulfilled what I was here for (continuation of the blood line) and death no longer really bothered me (though I'd be quite happy to put it off for a decade or four :P).

Conversely my dad was terrified of dying, kept him alive and in pain for many years because he was too scared to let go.

Like I said, strange one.

I'd be happy to have some form of hypnosis to try and get rid of it (if that works) but I've genuinely found myself having mad panic-attacks (especially when I was younger) when it's popped into my head. Hopefully as you say Mike, once I grow up a bit it might go away it just annoys me how sometimes my fear of death can get into the way of living.

Strange one that....it's the one inevitable result of being alive. Maybe things will change if/when you have kids....I know that for me virtually in the moment that Josh was born things sort of kicked into place, like I'd fulfilled what I was here for (continuation of the blood line) and death no longer really bothered me (though I'd be quite happy to put it off for a decade or four :P).

Conversely my dad was terrified of dying, kept him alive and in pain for many years because he was too scared to let go.

Like I said, strange one.

hoping kids will do it, terrified it won't though!

must say never understood the fear of death...as said it's the one thing that's inevitable in all our lives...the way you die is the only thing that differs..can understand the fear of a horrible death

lack of control (I'm a control freak), knowing you won't exist, that everything you've done (good or bad), will have been pointless and lost.

Turning 30 is freaking me out!

lack of control (I'm a control freak), knowing you won't exist, that everything you've done (good or bad), will have been pointless and lost.

Turning 30 is freaking me out!

When growing up, 40 was always the age to look to for "it's all over", etc. Wrong!

Totally agree with 30. My life turned upside down. I didn't know whether I wanted a shit or a haircut, etc, when I got to 30. Terrible, awful age! 40 and 50, no problems, a breeze, but unfortunately had to get past 30 to get there.

Exactly the same as me Matt. The fact that I will be nothing terrifies me to the point where I can't keep myself sane.

Exactly the same as me Matt. The fact that I will be nothing terrifies me to the point where I can't keep myself sane.

Thing that always got me through that feeling is that I always coped with being "nothing" in the thousands of years before I was born.