IGNORED

Fouls and/or Tackles

Yes I get the idea

I'd put first and foremost, the challenge of Schumacher on the French defender Battiston at the 1982 World Cup in Spain. Wasn't even given a caution damn it by the senior match official that night - and went on to become the hero in the subsequent penatly shoot out to put Germans in the final.

Serves them fucking right when Italy won the final game

I actually think I made a challenge a few years back that would have made it onto this thread. Not my nature but as I remember it clearly it was against a rough team from Ellesmere Port (guaranteed a good 50/50 with most teams from the port) - I was told to put myself about and did so... clearly I was marked as needing to take a hit and as the ball was literally 10 meters away from me and about the same from the opponent we both sprinted to the ball....

he committed first, took off two footed angling down on the ball Steven Gerrard - Naismith style, my reaction was to go higher as I couldn't stop, it ended up with a matrix style mid air collision, he was carried off and the ref took mercy on me (I used to chat to him in the sauna of the local gym) - I took a yellow card whilst a 8 man melee went on....

Felt bad but in all seriousness it was me or him.

If you had sunday league challenges on here, it would be x rated.

Guest blueboy122

kickstarted us that season if i remember correctly...ferdinand pissed me off..what the fuck was he moanin about? it was a cracking challenge..hard but very fair..clearly won the ball

Ye your right gave the whole ground a lift and put fire in the players bellies. Ferdinand and Giggs pissed me off charging at Neville like that.

Sometimes I wish we had a player that would get into other players faces when things like that happen, if that was Liverpool you would bet your life on Agger and Gerrard giving it back to Giggs and Ferdinand protecting thier player.

Mind you Gerrard and Agger are to much the other way, fucking cant stand any of them.

Guest blueboy122

I actually think I made a challenge a few years back that would have made it onto this thread. Not my nature but as I remember it clearly it was against a rough team from Ellesmere Port (guaranteed a good 50/50 with most teams from the port) - I was told to put myself about and did so... clearly I was marked as needing to take a hit and as the ball was literally 10 meters away from me and about the same from the opponent we both sprinted to the ball....

he committed first, took off two footed angling down on the ball Steven Gerrard - Naismith style, my reaction was to go higher as I couldn't stop, it ended up with a matrix style mid air collision, he was carried off and the ref took mercy on me (I used to chat to him in the sauna of the local gym) - I took a yellow card whilst a 8 man melee went on....

Felt bad but in all seriousness it was me or him.

If you had sunday league challenges on here, it would be x rated.

Can't stand that level of football teams always kick off when a hard but fair challenge goes in get there knickers in a twist, it's because they see it on t.v from the modern day players always whinging.

Doesn't get much better up the leagues though I managed to play at the top up until I was 19. So I jacked the football in and moved to rugby.. Sportsmanship in that sport is outstanding so much respect for referees etc. would love to get a few of the little dirty bastards I played against on the rugby field.

Can't stand that level of football teams always kick off when a hard but fair challenge goes in get there knickers in a twist, it's because they see it on t.v from the modern day players always whinging.

Doesn't get much better up the leagues though I managed to play at the top up until I was 19. So I jacked the football in and moved to rugby.. Sportsmanship in that sport is outstanding so much respect for referees etc. would love to get a few of the little dirty bastards I played against on the rugby field.

I dunno about that one blueboy!! Played rugby for school in the 80's against a team from Swansea, their No 8 proceeded to take a chair from the sideline and attack our loose head prop! Another when I played a team from Milford Haven where in the first maul some one whipped out a dart and stabbed a couple of us.......... you get the picture.......... :violent: