IGNORED

Memory Check

rubecula

I wish I was there but I'm too young,

Watched my first game the day before my 9th birthday 29th September 1990, we beat Southampton 3-0 with 2 goals from Cottee and I think Ebbrell got the other. Sat in the Upper Bullens and looked longingly at the surge of bodies behind Southall's goal and wished I could be in the middle of the immense noise. That was me sold on the Gwladys and once I'd saved up enough pennies that was where my first season ticket was start of the 95/96 season. So sad I never got to stand on the Gwladys before they put the seats in or play out in the boys pen but money was tight in my house back then and I had to work for a local Ice cream man to be able to buy my first season ticket. Never looked back though there's been 2 or 3 seasons since 95/96 where I haven't been standing on the Gwladys starting songs, standing up most of the game and jumping around like a mentalist every time the ball hit the back of the net :jump for joy:

A little off topic with my trip down memory lane I know but I do wish I'd seen the inside of the boys pen!

The earliest Everton game I can remember was the FA Cup Final against WBA. Jeff Astle won it for West Brom in extra time.

My dad got two tickets for that, was promised them way before the final and had already told my elder brother that he'd take him so still did despite him being a Liverpool fan :dry: .....I got an early version of table football by way of compensation.