IGNORED

Have you seen this?

rubecula

Yup....had to explain the song and some of the things in it to my lad though.

Will have gone over the head of a lot of fans younger than us Rubes....but I enjoyed it.

it looks like a comical (albeit meaningful) holiday video from everton fc. i'm not english (not sure if that's it) or old (only 29), so if I'm missing something please explain.

i love that our team has the spirit to do goofy things like this. shows that we take our football seriously, but can have a laugh as well.

it looks like a comical (albeit meaningful) holiday video from everton fc. i'm not english (not sure if that's it) or old (only 29), so if I'm missing something please explain.

i love that our team has the spirit to do goofy things like this. shows that we take our football seriously, but can have a laugh as well.

The song is what an old comedy double act called Morcambe and Wise used to close their shows with....massively popular pair from the late 1960s to early 80s, TV audience levels that smash anything today. Face slapping (1.35), silly dance (1.50) and "rubbish" (at the end) were all trademarks.

The song is what an old comedy double act called Morcambe and Wise used to close their shows with....massively popular pair from the late 1960s to early 80s, TV audience levels that smash anything today. Face slapping (1.35), silly dance (1.50) and "rubbish" (at the end) were all trademarks.

Thanks for filling in some of us young-ins. That rubbish line at the end got a nice hearty laugh from me for sure.

For the uninitiated....If you do a YouTube search for Morecambe and Wise, you'll find many examples of their wonderful humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZedhoqYdfTM

Now I'm revisiting many of the M&W sketches. They were classics at the time, and their Christmas shows were legendary. Eric Morecambe (the taller one with the glasses) was such a funny man. I remember once he co-hosted the Saturday ITV sports show, and he had the entire crew in stitches throughout. It's amazing to think he did all those acts while suffering a heart condition. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

Interesting side note: They were the only individuals ever allowed to turn their back on the queen when knighted - because the queen specifically asked that they do that routine you see at the end of the Everton video.

And their shows starred a lot of famous Brits. For example....

Great video, EvertonTV! Thanks for reminding me of great British humour. :)

Edited by Cornish Steve