IGNORED

I have an odd question to ask

rubecula

I was asked the other day which current Premiership team has never beaten Everton in the Premier league era. I guessed Swansea, and I think I am right, but are there any more?

I don't know which is why I am asking.

The other part of the question I really have no clue about:

Which is the highest ranked team in England that has NEVER played Everton at all?

Anyone able to help me out with some blinding facts. The second part especially is doing my head in.

I was asked the other day which current Premiership team has never beaten Everton in the Premier league era. I guessed Swansea, and I think I am right, but are there any more?

I don't know which is why I am asking.

The other part of the question I really have no clue about:

Which is the highest ranked team in England that has NEVER played Everton at all?

Anyone able to help me out with some blinding facts. The second part especially is doing my head in.

The answer to your first question is, both of the Welsh clubs. The last time Cardiff beat Everton was in the 1956-57 season (in fairness, the game back in August was EFC's first against Cardiff since the 1960s). Swansea have never beaten Everton at all.

As for your second question, what do you mean by "highest ranked"? Are you looking at that just by league level (like if there was someone in League One who's never played Everton), or also by the current standings within each league, or something else? Off the top of my head I know they've never played AFC Wimbledon (currently 15th in League Two) since that club has only been around for about ten years, but I don't know about anyone higher up the table - that would take some research.

No idea what the answer is but definitely not Yeovil as I remeber going there in the Cup in the late 90s

Maybe Crawley who are in League 1 ???

We had a friendly there in 1998, but I don't remember going there in the cup.

Can't remember why we'd have been playing a friendly in January :dont know: . Maybe the weather had caused postponements.

But MK Dons are strictly speaking the same club as Wimbledon (even though they've renounced the history) so we've played them many times.

I now live in Milton Keynes and although they are strictly Wimbledon renamed they are pretty much a new club as I can't think of anything that has any resemblance of the old crazy gang. Although Dean Lewington is still there. Always look at the draw and hope for this fixture, great stadium.