IGNORED

Quick mention

rubecula

Tonight for your delectation the incomparable DJ Rubes is on air once again after a short absense. Stop by and say HI. Wind. rain or sun you know if you do you will have fun.

Seriously I am on air as of now and a quick pop in to say hi won't hurt and we don't bite (unless you ask nicely) Only takes a moment of your time to say hello and it is free.

PS I play requests if I have the music. Just click the link and say hiya will ya :)

(You will also hear me talking and if that doesn't scare you nothing will.

http://www.ourfriendlyradiostation.com/

Haha I prefer the mystery!

Its so much better when you can interact with people but you aren't aware of their appearance. Just names on a screen and you can familiarize with people that way - given enough time. Not just here, but other forums wherever you find them. Yes it is a kind of mystery, but so much better that way. There was a thread on another site where someone put up a topic of 'post a picture of yourself' . Needless to say, I didn't view it.

Say again, no pictures are necessary. I prefer to discover people through characterisitics in words, wouldn't have it any other way, but in the end, how people decide to present themselves, is their business.

• 5 weeks later...

Chuffed to bits you guys listened in to my show. (The site has a chat room too if you use a computer ... tablets don't support it sadly)

It looks like tonight's show may be cancelled due to problems with the software at the HQ. Friday's show was cancelled too so I am not sure how long it will take to fix it. Station owner is doing everything to get it sorted, but so far no joy.

Anyway no harm in checking later if you want. I start at 8 pm if I start at all. :)

Chuffed to bits you guys listened in to my show. (The site has a chat room too if you use a computer ... tablets don't support it sadly)

It looks like tonight's show may be cancelled due to problems with the software at the HQ. Friday's show was cancelled too so I am not sure how long it will take to fix it. Station owner is doing everything to get it sorted, but so far no joy.

Anyway no harm in checking later if you want. I start at 8 pm if I start at all. :)

Rubber band broken again eh Rubes? Curse Alan Sugar :shaking fist:.

So not on mate? Just back from the pub and can't read much!

Nobody is on I am afraid, sorry mate.

It was fine until just before 8pm though?

No it went wrong on Friday, apparently the server we (and many other stations) use is based in Northumberland and they decided to migrate their files without telling anyone, or realising the consequences. There are a lot of radio stions off air just now and none are happy about it as we are all worried about losing listeners.

Hopefully be back up during the coming week but we simply don't know, the only thing we have that works is the chatroom so we can still talk to each other, but no music. Some folks pick up something from somewhere but not our stuff. We have left it on autoplay so that some folks may hear something, but no actual shows for now. AND no I can not hear the autoplay either. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well Jona made it in to the station and the chat room. It was great to see you mate, thank you for stopping by.

So that is Mike and Jona who have called in and the station regulars were very pleased to see you both.

The 'boss' said you will both be very welcome any time you want to stop by again. So you made an impression :rofl:

Advance warning .... the girls are all mine LOL

Seriously though guys I would like to hear you honest opinions, simply to encourage or discourage others.

Tell the truth, warts and all, I am a big guy and can take it lol

AND if anyone wants to stop by some evening please do.

DJ Pat = mix with country/folk bias

DJ RORY = mellow sounds and live singing

DJ TrickyTrish = country/folk

DJ Mary = easy listening

DJ Laird = ANYTHING goes (apart from country)

DJ Eddie = Fantastic mix of music

DJ Rubes = Older stuff generally (50's, 60's, 70's and other bits and bobs to break it up)

DJ Mul = Sunday night music

That is usually the order we do our shows in during the week. Personally I like Eddie and Laird's shows but it is all depending on your tastes. Program listings are on the front page below the chat box. We do play requests. in my case I play them IF I have them.as my playlist is the least extensive.

But thank you for all who listened in. Up to just over 27,000 listeners now but not everyone pops in to chat with us, and that is something we like and appreciate.

Edited by Rubecula