IGNORED

Everton's use of the loan market

The jettisoning of Nikita Jelavic and Victor Anichebe in return for £12.5million suggests Martinez should be running the economy, rather than a football club which continues to look, in vain, for a spendthrift Sheik to increase their spending power.

Everton have operated successfully in the loan market, by harvesting the goals of Romelu Lukaku, the grit of Gareth Barry and the budding genius of Gerard Deulofeu, whose return from an untimely hamstring injury cannot come soon enough.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/facup/mike-calvin-martinez-should-be-running-the-economy-S11363869945367

• 4 months later...

I just had a semi random thought pop into my head about loaned players. Take Lukaku for example and lets assume for the sake of arguement he stays at Chelsea. Wouldn't Mourinho for example ask Lukaku the different strategies/gameplans, training drills, film watching techniques, etc that Everton use and therefore gain an advantage against us? I know managers are very dynamic and adapt a lot on a game by game basis but there are certain core things I'm sure that stay the same no matter the opposition.

I just had a semi random thought pop into my head about loaned players. Take Lukaku for example and lets assume for the sake of arguement he stays at Chelsea. Wouldn't Mourinho for example ask Lukaku the different strategies/gameplans, training drills, film watching techniques, etc that Everton use and therefore gain an advantage against us? I know managers are very dynamic and adapt a lot on a game by game basis but there are certain core things I'm sure that stay the same no matter the opposition.

No different from when any other player transfers from other clubs. So for me no.