IGNORED

Ricardo van Rhijn

Does it make any more sense after last nights debacle?

Yeap it does, we missed Colman badly last night we really only have one game plan it seems, that's the fullbacks bombing up the wings, that didn't happen last night, we need someone who can do that as cover for Colman, as by not employing that tactic just invites to much pressure on us

no, because it was one game where our experienced players screwed up. Coleman wouldve struggled in defence with Barry and Jags giving the ball to the opposition.

The fact other players also fucked up is irrelevant. Stones can not be used as an attacking full back he just hasnt got it in him

Im not knocking the lad but that particular role just isnt for him and if he cant do it then we need to find someone who can, either that or Roberto needs a plan B

The fact other players also fucked up is irrelevant. Stones can not be used as an attacking full back he just hasnt got it in him

Im not knocking the lad but that particular role just isnt for him and if he cant do it then we need to find someone who can, either that or Roberto needs a plan B

you can tell that after 1 game, in the derby, away from home?

Colemans defending for the first 3 years was shocking, he was never going to make it as a RB according to some. But with age, experience and game time he has evolved into one of the best RB going. I can see your point, just dont understand how you can make such a definite statement so soon.

The others messing up isnt irrelevant at all, Coleman wouldve been in the same position as Stones was, and wouldnt have been able to make up the ground either. If your team is in control of the ball, and playing it on the halfway line, as the RB you start to push up. No reason to write him off just because of that.

Colemans defending for the first 3 years was shocking, he was never going to make it as a RB according to some. But with age, experience and game time he has evolved into one of the best RB going. I can see your point, just dont understand how you can make such a definite statement so soon.

The others messing up isnt irrelevant at all, Coleman wouldve been in the same position as Stones was, and wouldnt have been able to make up the ground either. If your team is in control of the ball, and playing it on the halfway line, as the RB you start to push up. No reason to write him off just because of that.

When did I write him off?

Ive just been reading the Echo and it would appear that David Prentice pretty much agrees with what I have been saying

"While the loss of Coleman, who would surely have eyed Aly Cissokho’s name on the Liverpool teamsheet like a junkyard dog eyes a juicy bone, was a big miss for the Blues.

John Stones is a classy central defender in the making.

But while he started his career at right-back, he didn’t have anything like the adventure or the dynamism of the Irishman he replaced.

Frequently, when the match was still in the balance, he found acres of space down Liverpool’s left – but chose all too frequently to cut back or cross from a deep position"

Ok I know that doesnt mean Im right but I am certainly not alone in thinking that he isnt an attacking FB

Im not blaming Stones for the defeat because as you rightly pointed out he wasnt the only defender at fault for the goals. The reason we lost was simply that The Shite wanted it more. We were out faught and out thought. Brenda got his tactics spot on Roberto never

The point I was making is that if Roberto wants to persist with both full backs bombing on then he needs to find aomeone else to do the job. Thats not writing off Stones because I think he has all the makings of a top class CB he just doesnt look like an attacking RB

When did I write him off?

Ive just been reading the Echo and it would appear that David Prentice pretty much agrees with what I have been saying

"While the loss of Coleman, who would surely have eyed Aly Cissokho’s name on the Liverpool teamsheet like a junkyard dog eyes a juicy bone, was a big miss for the Blues.

John Stones is a classy central defender in the making.

But while he started his career at right-back, he didn’t have anything like the adventure or the dynamism of the Irishman he replaced.

Frequently, when the match was still in the balance, he found acres of space down Liverpool’s left – but chose all too frequently to cut back or cross from a deep position"

Ok I know that doesnt mean Im right but I am certainly not alone in thinking that he isnt an attacking FB

Im not blaming Stones for the defeat because as you rightly pointed out he wasnt the only defender at fault for the goals. The reason we lost was simply that The Shite wanted it more. We were out faught and out thought. Brenda got his tactics spot on Roberto never

The point I was making is that if Roberto wants to persist with both full backs bombing on then he needs to find aomeone else to do the job. Thats not writing off Stones because I think he has all the makings of a top class CB he just doesnt look like an attacking RB

Writing him off as an attacking RB I mean, I know you rate him as a CB.

He didn't look comfortable there against WBA either. In some instances you can tell if a player isn't suited to a position pretty much instantly. Stones is a definite centre back - he may have played rb for Barnsley but this is a completely different level. Even his physical build makes it clear that he's just simply not a rb. He'll be a great cb but if Hibbo isn't considered as Coleman's back then we do need to stregthen this position.

He didn't look comfortable there against WBA either. In some instances you can tell if a player isn't suited to a position pretty much instantly. Stones is a definite centre back - he may have played rb for Barnsley but this is a completely different level. Even his physical build makes it clear that he's just simply not a rb. He'll be a great cb but if Hibbo isn't considered as Coleman's back then we do need to stregthen this position.

So after 2 games? To be honest, he looked ok to me and looks like he can do the role. Is it going to be his best? No, hes definitely a CB but I thought he looked comfortable enough.

Each to their own though :)

• 2 years later...