IGNORED

Adam Lallana

I've always thought he operated better more centrally?

Great player who I'd love here but it's pointless having a player of his ilk if there's not anyone good enough on the other end to put chances away and at £20m I'd rather have Lukaku who is 5/6 years younger and would command a far greater sell on fee if need be in the future

Great player who I'd love here but it's pointless having a player of his ilk if there's not anyone good enough on the other end to put chances away and at £20m I'd rather have Lukaku who is 5/6 years younger and would command a far greater sell on fee if need be in the future

Definitely. We need a 20m striker before we need a 20m central midfielder.

I thought he operated centrally behind the strikers a la Barkley

Still think we're missing a box to box player, and he fits that bill, load's of energy, attack minded and can tackle.

I think him and Barkley could play together in the same team.

Much like Gerrard and Lamport were always a success for England ;-)

He's not a box to box midfielder he's more of a poor mans Silva if anything Barkley's physical and technical attributes would suite that role far more then a small light weight player like Lallana

Just going off the tines I have seen him play. To me he looks nothing like Silva, he looks very energetic and gets up and down the pitch.

Barkley is a more technical player for me. I expect Barkley to be more of a controlling central player who can burst forward on occasion but will tend to receive the ball and look for the killer pass.

All just opinions though :-)

I've never considered him or seen him play as a box to box midfielder he just tracks back when needed, the reference to Silva is that they are both far more forward and attack minded players of a similar stature and ability just Silva is a much better player

I agree on Barkley position wise but was just to highlight for me that he'd be better suited to that role than Lallana who's very lightweight small and isn't exactly rapid or great at breaking up play

Anyway going abit of topic and he won't end up here either sadly

Guest Nikica

He's a lovely player, but as EFC Paul says, he's more the type who plays somewhere in the line of three behind a striker - he thrives in those positions between an opposition's midfield and defence. Poor man's Silva is actually a great description of him.

Edited by Nikica

• 1 month later...