IGNORED

Best value season tickets

MC11

Biggest crowd I was part of was against QPR in 1985 - apparently it was 50,514, (against Bayern it was 49,476 - I was too young for the night game on a school night).

For my money 50,514 was about 8,000 shy of what I believe it was, I was on a the terrace rails in the lower bullens and it was chocca.

Strange we had ten crowds of less than 30,000 in the league that season, as low as 20,013. Only 22,487 watched us put five past Forest!

Title clincher was always going to be a big night though; not one of our better performances though from what I remember (based on just reading reports, I wasn't there). We had a slightly bigger crowd for the derby three weeks later, 51,045 :).

Strange we had ten crowds of less than 30,000 in the league that season, as low as 20,013. Only 22,487 watched us put five past Forest!

Title clincher was always going to be a big night though; not one of our better performances though from what I remember (based on just reading reports, I wasn't there). We had a slightly bigger crowd for the derby three weeks later, 51,045 :).

I was one of them, my first ever game, remember it clearly, I was 8 years old. We went the Albany before the game where my brother had a couple of pints, I remember putting tunes on the juke box - Alison Moyet. Then off to the chippy for scollop and chips - when I took my seat in the top balcony I was blown away, that was it.

I was talking to Sharpie about his header against QPR , he was in my local with Alan Irwin who I have known for a good few years. I told Sharpie it was my favourite memory - watching him soar through the air and nut it right in. Place went nuts. I was at ground level - he seemed to fly to the ball. Awesome days.

I remember being in the street end in the 80s we were playing Man U and we scored, I was only a kid and I stumbled as the crowd surged forward and fell. Some fella grabbed me by the collar of mt tee short and hauled me back up again. I always remember that and wonder what had of happened to me if I had of fallen completely.

The crowds back then were unbelievable.

I have to say the Bayern semi "seemed" the biggest crowd I've ever been (at goodison) and although I was almost certainly at the QPR game in 85 mentioned above but it doesn't stick out in my mind.

Edited by Paddock

I remember being in the street end in the 80s we were playing Man U and we scored, I was only a kid and I stumbled as the crowd surged forward and fell. Some fella grabbed me by the collar of mt tee short and hauled me back up again. I always remember that and wonder what had of happened to me if I had of fallen completely.

The crowds back then were unbelievable.

I have to say the Bayern semi "seemed" the biggest crowd I've ever been (at goodison) and although I was almost certainly at the QPR game in 85 mentioned above but it doesn't stick out in my mind.

Should do as it was the title clincher :huh:.

Should do as it was the title clincher :huh:.

I don't though Mike which is weird. I remember us clinching it at Norwich in 86, bayern etc but I don't remember us clinching it against QPR. To be fair I was 11 but you would think I would.

Maybe we were away on holiday and never went or something but I have absolutely no memory of that game.

I'll have to ask my old man why we were not there we evidently were not as I would remember it.