IGNORED

Best value season tickets

MC11

It's more of a dig at Liverpool. Nev. if you live in the city you get used to hearing gob shite Liverpool fans spouting absolute shite that wouldn't know their. Way to Anfield never mind go to watch Liverpool and also the big Scandinavian and out of towners that follow them. Whereas a lot of Everton fans go the game from within the city hence the phrase "we're Everton fans we go the game that's what we do"

Brutal truth is it's a retort to the Kopites because they ram their success down our throats and the only thing that can be asked back is "do you go the game" a lot of the time the answer is no so they're told to shit up as they don't even go the game (i call it the match personally)

Thats a brief explanation anyway mate

Defo from Widnes then mate.

Haha my family are all from Page Moss and Huyton, they all say the match. I don't know anyone from Liverpool who says the game.

What do you lot in The Wirral say?

The game. I live on the Wirral now but grew up in a Liverpool all family from there. An we all say "the game". I have said the match before and heard it said. But if anything it's "you watching the game lad?" Or "you going the game"

I think with the club using that term it's pretty much what get said by the scouse people. Otherwise they'd use "the match"

Edited by MiguelCotto

Haha my family are all from Page Moss and Huyton, they all say the match. I don't know anyone from Liverpool who says the game.

What do you lot in The Wirral say?

I lived on Liverpool Road just after Page Moss shops opposite the old Eagle and child pub (that's not there anymore by the way) loved it up there.

The game. I live on the Wirral now but grew up in a Liverpool all family from there. An we all say "the game". I have said the match before and heard it said. But if anything it's "you watching the game lad?" Or "you going the game"

I think with the club using that term it's pretty much what get said by the scouse people. Otherwise they'd use "the match"

In all my 41 years I've never ever heard anyone from Liverpool say are you going the game, always the match. All the years I spent driving a taxi and going to golf and footy with lads from all over Liverpool it was the match. The game must be a Wirral saying, or widens as you pointed out ;)

I lived on Liverpool Road just after Page Moss shops opposite the old Eagle and child pub (that's not there anymore by the way) loved it up there.

In all my 41 years I've never ever heard anyone from Liverpool say are you going the game, always the match. All the years I spent driving a taxi and going to golf and footy with lads from all over Liverpool it was the match. The game must be a Wirral saying, or widens as you pointed out ;)

Ok, mate. You're from Sefton though.

My Dads side are all from Huyton House Road, and my Mums lot are all from Wimbourne (not there anymore either).

They all go the match, they dont go the game haha if I make some new stickers does anyone want some?

WE GO THE MATCH

My Dads side are all from Huyton House Road, and my Mums lot are all from Wimbourne (not there anymore either).

They all go the match, they dont go the game haha if I make some new stickers does anyone want some?

WE GO THE MATCH

And your family are from Knowsley.

Some of my family are also from Sussex, Jersey, Florida, Germany, Wigan, Billinge, Dublin, Croxteth, Warrington, Rainhill, Bolton, Prescot, Whiston and Guadaloupe.

But, if we are playing the family tree game then i'm not scouse. I'm 7/8 Irish and 1/8 German.

My Dads side are all from Huyton House Road, and my Mums lot are all from Wimbourne

WE GO THE MATCH

I lived on Lordens Road for a short while before moving onto Liverpool Road, they've knocked a lot of the surrounding areas round there like Wimbourne and are rebuilding it. I loved it round there met some proper characters and genuine people.

I would most defo have an "I go the match sticker"

Edited by Paddock

Much closer than the Wirral though ;)Not that it matters anyway mind.

I live in Wallasey mate. A mile and a half stretch from the city centre. Broken only by the Mersey. I grew up in West Derby. We say the game. Like I said I have the heard "the match" said but it's more often "the game" in my circle if people.

If it was more generic to say "the match" surely the club would use that. Being a scouse club and all that.

I lived on Lordens Road for a short while before moving onto Liverpool Road, they've knocked a lot of the surrounding areas round there like Wimbourne and are rebuilding it. I loved it round there met some proper characters and genuine people.

I would most defo have an "I go the match sticker"

My auntie lived on Lordens until she passed. They said they were building on the Wimbourne site but no sign of it yet, the people there dont think it will ever happen now.

My Mums brother and sister still had houses on Wimbourne when they were knocking down,my auntie got herself a place down Princess drive and my Uncle moved away. I hate going down there now, great memories there as a kid (lived with my grandma for a year in Wimbourne too) seeing the place as a waste land is just sad. Was a good community, people looked out for each other down there, not like that anymore down that way.

I live in Wallasey mate. A mile and a half stretch from the city centre. Broken only by the Mersey. I grew up in West Derby. We say the game. Like I said I have the heard "the match" said but it's more often "the game" in my circle if people.

If it was more generic to say "the match" surely the club would use that. Being a scouse club and all that.

We don't play in the city centre though mate we play in Walton about 3 miles from my house but as I say, it doesn't really matter.

Potato potata tomayto tomata... Game , match it doesn't really matter. It was just a light hearted bit of banter. It wasn't really relevant until you said it was a Widnes thing when it is most definitely not it's a Liverpool saying(or sefton or knowsley they're all just boroughs of merseyside really same as Liverpool itself)

Either way it's hardly worth worrying about.

My auntie lived on Lordens until she passed. They said they were building on the Wimbourne site but no sign of it yet, the people there dont think it will ever happen now.

My Mums brother and sister still had houses on Wimbourne when they were knocking down,my auntie got herself a place down Princess drive and my Uncle moved away. I hate going down there now, great memories there as a kid (lived with my grandma for a year in Wimbourne too) seeing the place as a waste land is just sad. Was a good community, people looked out for each other down there, not like that anymore down that way.

I've not been down them ways for a long time but I thought they had started building new stuff round Lordens way in the last 12 months?

I may well be wrong like.

Roberto with his style of football really has brought the fans back.

with a couple of successful seasons and a new stadium we could be hitting the crowds of the 60s 70s and 80s.

We're already beating the crowds of the seventies and eighties. Only three seasons out of twenty (70/71, 74/75 and 77/78) had a higher average home attendance than last year. We can never get back to the crowds of the sixties (unless we move/redevelop) because we don't have the capacity.

http://toffeeweb.com/history/records/attendances.asp

We're already beating the crowds of the seventies and eighties. Only three seasons out of twenty (70/71, 74/75 and 77/78) had a higher average home attendance than last year. We can never get back to the crowds of the sixties (unless we move/redevelop) because we don't have the capacity.

http://toffeeweb.com/history/records/attendances.asp

Biggest crowd I was part of was against QPR in 1985 - apparently it was 50,514, (against Bayern it was 49,476 - I was too young for the night game on a school night).

For my money 50,514 was about 8,000 shy of what I believe it was, I was on a the terrace rails in the lower bullens and it was chocca.