IGNORED

Nolito

what did they say?

BARCA COULDNT AFFORD NOLITO

Barcelonas ratio of debt scuppered their chances of signing Spain forward Nolito during the January transfer window, according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Barca boss Luis Enrique was keen for his side to re-sign Nolito earlier this year as he looked to ease the burden on his MSN front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar.

Nolito stayed put at Celta Vigo but now looks set to link up with former Barca boss Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

"In January, we did not make any signings because of the ratio of debt, not because we had a lack of money, Bartomeu is quoted as saying in Sport.

"He (Luis Enrique) understood. If you cannot pay for a car, you have to settle for another one. Despite that, it should be said that this is not common, but it is good that Barcelona shows that it is a club with economic control, with maturity and rigour.

But I cannot confirm or deny if [Luis Enrique] has again requested the player for this summer transfer market.

"Had there been a player available on a free transfer, then we could have signed them."

BARCA COULDNT AFFORD NOLITO

Barcelonas ratio of debt scuppered their chances of signing Spain forward Nolito during the January transfer window, according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Barca boss Luis Enrique was keen for his side to re-sign Nolito earlier this year as he looked to ease the burden on his MSN front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar.

Nolito stayed put at Celta Vigo but now looks set to link up with former Barca boss Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

"In January, we did not make any signings because of the ratio of debt, not because we had a lack of money, Bartomeu is quoted as saying in Sport.

"He (Luis Enrique) understood. If you cannot pay for a car, you have to settle for another one. Despite that, it should be said that this is not common, but it is good that Barcelona shows that it is a club with economic control, with maturity and rigour.

But I cannot confirm or deny if [Luis Enrique] has again requested the player for this summer transfer market.

"Had there been a player available on a free transfer, then we could have signed them."

ah yes i was reading about this yesterday. their kitty this year is only 68m Euros. Said anymore and they'd be in debt more. Crazy. But i think the wages they pay their players is probably so high that they dont' make mass signings, just one or 2 a year and then the academy.

Plus they couldn't sell him for a profit. Like once Suarez starts declining a little, he will go to Italy or premier league or something and they'll make a ton of money. they won't be able to do that with Nolito since he's already 29.

ah yes i was reading about this yesterday. their kitty this year is only 68m Euros. Said anymore and they'd be in debt more. Crazy. But i think the wages they pay their players is probably so high that they dont' make mass signings, just one or 2 a year and then the academy.

Plus they couldn't sell him for a profit. Like once Suarez starts declining a little, he will go to Italy or premier league or something and they'll make a ton of money. they won't be able to do that with Nolito since he's already 29.

Isn't Suarez 29/30?

Yeah but my point is they won't get a ton of money for him like you said. Suarez will probably retire there.

doubt it, he'll go to China in a year or two for stupid money. I just found it hilarious that they were saying "money isn't the issue, were being vigilant" but then say "if he was a freebie, we would've been in for him". Wasn't his buyout for them a relative pittance?

doubt it, he'll go to China in a year or two for stupid money. I just found it hilarious that they were saying "money isn't the issue, were being vigilant" but then say "if he was a freebie, we would've been in for him". Wasn't his buyout for them a relative pittance?

I can't see him doing that you know. His wife rules the roost and I don't think she sees herself in China. She's thought to be the reason behind him being in Spain now.

The buyout was £13.8m I think.

I can't see him doing that you know. His wife rules the roost and I don't think she sees herself in China. She's thought to be the reason behind him being in Spain now.

The buyout was £13.8m I think.

i think the money he'll get will convince her