IGNORED

Nolito

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise he had a release clause of £13m if he shows he's unwilling to stay "after gods holiday" maybe a deal could be made for slightly less

I rate him quite highly but at 28 I'm not sure we should be looking elsewhere for a younger less known cheaper option?

It's a tricky one if he would come that is as the quality is obviously there and it's not ridiculous money considering today's market

Edited by EFC-Paul

£13m isn't ridiculous money for the guy. At 28, he's not too old for that kind of money. If he gives us 4 or 5 good years, it would be quite worth it. He does exactly what we've needed our wingers to do. He tore us a new asshole in preseason, and I'd like to think he would do the same to other prem teams in our shirt.

I'd go for this one if we've got the funds (I think we do).

£13m isn't ridiculous money for the guy. At 28, he's not too old for that kind of money. If he gives us 4 or 5 good years, it would be quite worth it. He does exactly what we've needed our wingers to do. He tore us a new asshole in preseason, and I'd like to think he would do the same to other prem teams in our shirt.

I'd go for this one if we've got the funds (I think we do).

Not downplaying Nolito at all, but most players would have tore us a new arsehole during pre-season :unsure:.

• 2 weeks later...

Load of bullshit. That bid doesn't even meet his release clause, which, according to Spanish reports, was 10m before his new contract last summer, and which rose then to either 13m or 18m (both are quoted). Nothing as low as 10m (£7.1m) is talked about. So, this either was sloppy reporting from the Daily Star or entirely fabricated.

I'll say it's likely a combination of both.

• 1 month later...

they literally just changed the name of the team from barca to everton.

http://www.espnfc.us/soccer-transfers/story/2541807/celta-vigo-cannot-stop-nolito-leaving-amid-barcelona-rumours

we have no chance sadly. barca are in for him since he went to their academy and had luis enrique as coach at celta. 12m pound buyout clause we should have been all over this, he is top notch, 27 goals 25 assists in 2 campaigns.

Edited by markjazzbassist

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...