IGNORED

Nolito

An experienced player with bags of ability, Nolito enjoyed a fantastic season with Celta last year – where he scored 14 goals in 35 appearances and helped guide the club to a fine 9th placed finish. The 27-year old predominantly operates on the left wing but can also play behind the striker and Martinez is hoping to tempt his Spanish compatriot to join him at Goodison Park as he looks to strengthen his side’s attacking department.

He sounds like the type we should be looking at, but the article reckons they're looking for around £8m and who knows what transfer funds we have left?

Edited by efc1111

He sounds like the type we should be looking at, but the article reckons they're looking for around £8m and who knows what transfer funds we have left?

think I calculated (very roughly) that we would have 8m left over

Heres the post (for what its worth)

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26195-summer-transfer-window/?p=417256

Edited by Matt

I remember watching him play while he was at Benfica with a fellow Portuguese friend of mine (don't worry, I'm no haf with all his connections) and I was impressed with how well he played there. He indeed played on the left most of the time and his sheer ability to beat a man was outstanding. At 8 million, I would approve of the purchase and believe he would thrive here. And based on what he showed this game, RM should definitely take a serious look at him (if he hasn't already).

11:30

Celta Vigo winger Nolito has been linked with a move to Everton after netting a pre-season hat-trick against the Toffees, but he has sought to play down summer transfer talk.

I’m happy here, I still have three years left on this contract and the only thing I can say is that my thoughts are to be here for many years.

11:30
Celta Vigo winger Nolito has been linked with a move to Everton after netting a pre-season hat-trick against the Toffees, but he has sought to play down summer transfer talk.

I’m happy here, I still have three years left on this contract and the only thing I can say is that my thoughts are to be here for many years.

In other words, come and get me...

• 2 months later...