IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

markjazzbassist

Personal views moving forward:

• Ross Barkley is currently the worst player in a blue shirt. He brings absolutely nothing to the team.

Just grabbing this one. I think I agree. I love to watch him dribble around, and he's massively talented but it's not a positive element. Gibson is, however, and if we had another striker with some energy and creativity that he could get the ball to, I think things would be much different.

Lukaku, as much as I love to see him find a cross and put it in the goal, has cement for feet. Every time he touched the ball, it seemed it bounced wildly and he was dispossessed.

Edited by veedublin

Personal views moving forward:

• Barry subbed due to injury/tightness please dont give RM credit for taking him off. He never would
  • I thought the formation was a great plan to start but lennon had to come on for a DM. Game was dying for a tactical switch. That sub cost us the game.
  • Mirallas is not fully fit. His ankle is still bothering him although noone would admit to it.
  • Very few times have i seen a striker on an island like Lukaku is. I give him absolutely no blame for most of what is happening. He has to work too hard to get opportunities and i think he is gassed when they come to him hence his lack of finishing. Not making excuses just saying he is far from the biggest problem.
  • Ross Barkley is currently the worst player in a blue shirt. He brings absolutely nothing to the team.
  • Kone is not and never will be the answer. He really isnt good and wont help us tangibly moving foward.
  • Garbutt has a great future
  • Which leads to my last point and it pains me to say it. This squad needs a major overhaul in the summer. I mean MAJOR.
  • We need the following before player sales: 1 GK, 1 flexible back RB/CB combo, 1 DM, 2 wingers, 1 striker
  • The following players need to go: McGeady, Kone, Mirallas, Distin, Barry. Mirallas because we will need money to buy new players. Atsu and Lennon go back to parent clubs as well. Certainly Atsu will, i suppose we could buy Lennon but i dont see him as a difference maker.
  • With all that we need to purchase: 1 GK, 2 defenders, 2 DM, 5 wingers, 3 strikers. That is going to be very difficult.

Some good points here, but it don't quite get the Kone bit. To me he is the perfect bit part Striker. Even if we add another striker with more quality I would keep him as he can do a job when required but I can't see him rocking the boat over lack if game time like Eto did. The worst part of this season has been the lack of chances the younger players ( Garbutt, Browning and Galloway ) have been able to get because of how poor the "first" team has been.