IGNORED

Samuel Chukwueze

• 2 weeks later...

So, basically, fingers crossed Barkley stays fit and plays this well the entire season?

Pretty much, not as though we aren't scoring goals or creating them. We also have Mirallas and Naismith on the bench... Could even include Kone and Cleverley for that spot. Not needed.

Edited by MC11

Pretty much, not as though we aren't scoring goals or creating them. We also have Mirallas and Naismith on the bench... Could even include Kone and Cleverley for that spot. Not needed.

all fair points, but Barkley has been 60/40 ranging from sublime to atrocious. Naismith is a good player, but not creative, Cleverly could do the job in my opinion but he is going to be Baines foil on the left when they're both fit. Mirallas has rarely ever been given the chance there and I guess would continue to be ignored.

My main point was, despite having players that can fill the position, the clear as day requirement has been a Mata/Silva type player. There's no sign were even looking at that, despite RM saying it was a priority. If we're not going for that, then we need to spend big on a GK, and these little prospects, as good as the theory is, are chipping away at our budget.

It's nothing personal against this lad, he could be a star in the making, just getting fed up of all these "prospect" transfers and nothing that concerns the issue areas that exist now. We're doing an Arsenal after the Invincibles broke up; only looking at unproven youth rather than a mix of unproven youth and established players for the key weak areas in the team.

all fair points, but Barkley has been 60/40 ranging from sublime to atrocious. Naismith is a good player, but not creative, Cleverly could do the job in my opinion but he is going to be Baines foil on the left when they're both fit. Mirallas has rarely ever been given the chance there and I guess would continue to be ignored.

My main point was, despite having players that can fill the position, the clear as day requirement has been a Mata/Silva type player. There's no sign were even looking at that, despite RM saying it was a priority. If we're not going for that, then we need to spend big on a GK, and these little prospects, as good as the theory is, are chipping away at our budget.

It's nothing personal against this lad, he could be a star in the making, just getting fed up of all these "prospect" transfers and nothing that concerns the issue areas that exist now. We're doing an Arsenal after the Invincibles broke up; only looking at unproven youth rather than a mix of unproven youth and established players for the key weak areas in the team.

matt although i agree to some extent, i don't want a 10. RM will never drop mccarthy or barry, he loves them like they are his children. and i want barkley on the pitch and not on the flank. so for me keep ross/tom as the 10, and put efforts to strengthen elsewhere. GK would be a start, RB and Striker other places.

Barry has been superb but he himself said he expected to play less last year than he did. And he's now 34, so how long do you think he will play every match?

Would you really drop Barry in his current form?

no and that's why i don't want a 10, ross is the 10 he's doing great. maybe next year if barry looks like shit but he's great, if anyone is to be dropped it's mccarthy but Bob's favorite player wont so thats why i want the centre mids to stay the same. strengthen at striker gk and rb.

no and that's why i don't want a 10, ross is the 10 he's doing great. maybe next year if barry looks like shit but he's great, if anyone is to be dropped it's mccarthy but Bob's favorite player wont so thats why i want the centre mids to stay the same. strengthen at striker gk and rb.

So what happens if Ross gets injured?