IGNORED

Jablonec (Away - Pre season)

gethinO

I'd blame that on Moyes. We have one of the best academy's in the world. Vaughan and Rodwell were run into the ground. I'd class Coleman as a success, he wasn't known and pretty young when he came to us. Baxter and Mustafi weren't given enough game time to progress either. Anichebe and Ruddy have gone on to be bottom half players. Under Moyes we even turned Dier away.

If the below team started, i wouldn't be too worried.

Robles

Coleman Stones/Holgate Galloway Garbutt

Deulofeu Besic Davies Mirallas

Dowell

Lukaku

If we can keep the team together we could go on to great things without splashing the cash on marquee players.

I completely understand what you're saying, Vaughan was unlucky with injuires, but even so, he's not a premier league standard striker and if he would have become one, it wouldnt have been one the standard Everton would be looking for. Rodwell had his youth hindered a bit in order to line his pockets, but even so he's had consistent football at Sunderland now for a couple of seasons and still isnt of above average standard. Look at the players we've turned away in, like you mentioned Mustafi and Dier. These two are living proof that even without game time you can easily progress into a top player.

Coleman wasn't a product of out acadamy, he was what, 21 when he came to us? Albeit, hardly an experienced player, but even so that's just a desperate shot at attempting to highlight our acadamy.

An acadamy that's brought through the likes of Mustafi and Dier and gained absolutely nothing off them is still a failed one. Our acadamy is thought of highly, and wrongly so.

I hope to god the new kids prove me wrong, but personally I'm not going to buy into the repetative dillusional hype of the acadamy.

I completely understand what you're saying, Vaughan was unlucky with injuires, but even so, he's not a premier league standard striker and if he would have become one, it wouldnt have been one the standard Everton would be looking for. Rodwell had his youth hindered a bit in order to line his pockets, but even so he's had consistent football at Sunderland now for a couple of seasons and still isnt of above average standard. Look at the players we've turned away in, like you mentioned Mustafi and Dier. These two are living proof that even without game time you can easily progress into a top player.

Coleman wasn't a product of out acadamy, he was what, 21 when he came to us? Albeit, hardly an experienced player, but even so that's just a desperate shot at attempting to highlight our acadamy.

An acadamy that's brought through the likes of Mustafi and Dier and gained absolutely nothing off them is still a failed one. Our acadamy is thought of highly, and wrongly so.

I hope to god the new kids prove me wrong, but personally I'm not going to buy into the repetative dillusional hype of the acadamy.

Coleman went into the academy to learn the basics.

I think without the injuries it would be possible Vaughan would have been a great striker.

With Rodwell, again it war the injuries fron getting rushed back. Massive waste of talent, and I'd fully blame Moyes.

We have one of the highest rates of bringing through professionals. Not all can be Premierleague class, but we've let alot of youngsters down by not giving them experience. Most the kids who sign are blown away by our acadamy.

i thought that myth had been completely debunked several times?

Myth?

Rooney, Rodwell, and Anichebe are the only ones who got a fair crack and they were more developed physically than most.

Coleman was very lucky with injuries, otherwise he'd be in the lower leagues now.

Coleman went into the academy to learn the basics.

I think without the injuries it would be possible Vaughan would have been a great striker.

With Rodwell, again it war the injuries fron getting rushed back. Massive waste of talent, and I'd fully blame Moyes.

We have one of the highest rates of bringing through professionals. Not all can be Premierleague class, but we've let alot of youngsters down by not giving them experience. Most the kids who sign are blown away by our acadamy.

Coleman spent his first season out on loan to Blackpool where he learned his trade, then went almost straight into the first team.

Vaughan had pace, that was it. His goal return to this day suggests that he's not a good striker, and I doubt even without injuries he ever would have been.

Rodwell was over rated, and again he's had a chance now at Sunderland and is still mediocre, he was never going to be a world beater.

We've made hardly any money on youngsters since Rooney, and only had Barkley break into the first team fully. We've dished out average players who fall to the lower leagues, or let the better ones go for nothing.

I really don't know why our fans always associate a successful academy to Everton. If you want to see what a successful academy is look at Southampton.

Coleman spent his first season out on loan to Blackpool where he learned his trade, then went almost straight into the first team.

Vaughan had pace, that was it. His goal return to this day suggests that he's not a good striker, and I doubt even without injuries he ever would have been.

Rodwell was over rated, and again he's had a chance now at Sunderland and is still mediocre, he was never going to be a world beater.

We've made hardly any money on youngsters since Rooney, and only had Barkley break into the first team fully. We've dished out average players who fall to the lower leagues, or let the better ones go for nothing.

I really don't know why our fans always associate a successful academy to Everton. If you want to see what a successful academy is look at Southampton.

So we've basically had no one during the decade Moyes was here. RM took over and threw in Stones and Barkley straight away. The lower leagues are flooded with our former youth players who never got a chance. I'd look at the manager before the academy.