IGNORED

Yacine Brahimi

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he is proving himself now in his prime in a much weaker league, what makes you think he will get better with age in a more difficult league?

If he’s in his prime then maybe we should be looking at him. Big mentality clubs but players in their prime.

Small clubs have to look at younger players to make profit on, or older players cheaply.

we need to get into the big club mentality.

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If he’s in his prime then maybe we should be looking at him. Big mentality clubs but players in their prime.

Small clubs have to look at younger players to make profit on, or older players cheaply.

we need to get into the big club mentality.

again i will reiterate, he is unproven in this league and wont have time to prove himself.  he will need to show up and be a worldie he will be 30 this summer.  that's not a signing i want.  if you're young and foreign you have time to adjust, this would be rash and make no sense.  also if he's not a worldie in a small league how do we expect him to eve be decent here?

i'm a hard no on this signing.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

again i will reiterate, he is unproven in this league and wont have time to prove himself.  he will need to show up and be a worldie he will be 30 this summer.  that's not a signing i want.  if you're young and foreign you have time to adjust, this would be rash and make no sense.  also if he's not a worldie in a small league how do we expect him to eve be decent here?

i'm a hard no on this signing.

Not commenting on the player himself, but just pointing out the age and what we should be looking at. 

We need to move away from the model we have had for the last decade. It’s a kitbag deal... less risk.

we need to step into the big boy market and buy players in their prime. If they don’t make it in this league, then sell them back to the league where they are already proven. This is how City, Utd, Shit, and Chelsea do it.

Examples are to numerous to list, but here’s a few:

Silva, Aguero, players in their prime who had never played in the premier league before. 

Risk v Reward.

More risk =  more chance of failure, but big results.

Less risk = less chance of failure... more chance of medicory. ( commonly known in the dictionary as ... Everton)

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Not commenting on the player himself, but just pointing out the age and what we should be looking at. 

We need to move away from the model we have had for the last decade. It’s a kitbag deal... less risk.

we need to step into the big boy market and buy players in their prime. If they don’t make it in this league, then sell them back to the league where they are already proven. This is how City, Utd, Shit, and Chelsea do it.

Examples are to numerous to list, but here’s a few:

Silva, Aguero, players in their prime who had never played in the premier league before. 

Risk v Reward.

More risk =  more chance of failure, but big results.

Less risk = less chance of failure... more chance of medicory. ( commonly known in the dictionary as ... Everton)

city - gabriel jesus, leroy sane, bernardo silva, john stones, etc

those are all young players they bought.  Aguero?  You daft, they bought him ages ago WHEN HE WAS YOUNG.  

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

city - gabriel jesus, leroy sane, bernardo silva, john stones, etc

those are all young players they bought.  Aguero?  You daft, they bought him ages ago WHEN HE WAS YOUNG.  

Haha I’m obviously a little more street wise than you with my limited knowledge of world football.

I knew about Aguero two years before he went to city, he was an established player on the world scene. As was Jesus.  

Easy to miss if you don’t watch much football though 😉

40 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Haha I’m obviously a little more street wise than you with my limited knowledge of world football.

I knew about Aguero two years before he went to city, he was an established player on the world scene. As was Jesus.  

Easy to miss if you don’t watch much football though 😉

you are proving my point, you want a star, i've already said brahimi is not a star, he is also not young.  so why would you want him?

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

you are proving my point, you want a star, i've already said brahimi is not a star, he is also not young.  so why would you want him?

Concentrate on the posts mate. 

Your a fighter I give you that, but your trying to pick fights with people who arent fighting haha.

Said in the previous post, not commenting on the player, just the point. Don’t do a PeteO on me 😉

Buying players in their prime hasnt exactly worked out for us so far though under Mohsiri... Siggy, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Cenk, Walcott... 

We need to go back to the McCarthy, Lukaku, Pienaar, Arteta type days. 

Just shows its all about the player. It would be great to have a Barry come into the squad again now. 

No I want to aim for better than winning nothing, like we did in those days. 

Were getting a new stadium, have a new owner. Let’s set our stall out and aim for better. We’ve been mediocre for way too long.... doesn’t mean we have to accept it.

About time we turned this club back into Everton. We’ve beem Southampton for far too long.

Definitely agree on your Barry point though. But players in their prime who can make an impact on the team now. No point going down and trying to rebuild in five years when young players reach the required level. Young players should be here to compliment the team and grow to replace players, not to have to come in and make an immediate impact.

But again, just opinion.