IGNORED

Any Chance. ??

Bill

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Of putting things on ignore and not continue to see them, it seems the ignore facility on here does not do what its supposed to do.

I'm trying to ignore the whole of the OFF TOPIC section but having no luck.

Pretty sure you can only ignore individual members Bill. If you don't want to read any of it do like I do with "Rumourama" every time I come on, click on the section icon and it'll mark all posts as read.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Pretty sure you can only ignore individual members Bill. If you don't want to read any of it do like I do with "Rumourama" every time I come on, click on the section icon and it'll mark all posts as read.

No, there's a button on every thread saying Ignore this topic. It doesn't do anything.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, there's a button on every thread saying Ignore this topic. It doesn't do anything.

OK got that, it does do something in that "This topic will not appear on streams or in search results anymore" but it doesn't make it disappear. But that's just for a thread, Bill's talking about ignoring a whole section.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

OK got that, it does do something in that "This topic will not appear on streams or in search results anymore" but it doesn't make it disappear. But that's just for a thread, Bill's talking about ignoring a whole section.

Before the upgrade if you ignored a topic it just wouldn’t show up as having any new posts, you wouldn’t need to mark it as unread for it to show no new posts. It’s a pretty shit ignore if it doesn’t really ignore.

I complained about it to Louis, if you remember. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

if you ignored a topic it just wouldn’t show up as having any new posts, you wouldn’t need to mark it as unread for it to show no new posts

Still the same as far as far as I can tell; I just put the WC thread on ignore and posted something is there on Josh's account, signed back in as me and there was no new post notification:huh:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Still the same as far as far as I can tell; I just put the WC thread on ignore and posted something is there on Josh's account, signed back in as me and there was no new post notification:huh:.

Doesn't work for me. I mark topics as ignored in the Fantasy Football bit and new posts show up every time.

Yes Rubes it's not individual people on ignore  but the threads,  when you get a new post info you have to go into the Off Topic section to have a look. but the new post is in a thread I have on ignore,  I have about eight threads on ignore and I'm going in there every day but the new posts are in the ignored threads.   Therefore it would be better for me to ignore the whole Off Topic section.