IGNORED

Tristan

He caught the eye with some majestical performances in this season's Champions League.

Possibly Spain's most complete attacking player, he has strength, flair and skill in abundance.

Powerful on the ball, he is capable of scoring from distance, in the air or finding his own route to goal.

He raises himself for the big games but has yet to fully convince the Spanish public that he is worth a starting place.

However, with no one ever really having impressed alongside Raul, Tristan could prove to be the best solution.

Unlike Raul, who can play a deeper role if needed, Tristan is an out-and-out front man.

An intuitive player with an exquisite first touch, he will try his luck given the slightest of chances.

He is 30 years old

He caught the eye with some majestical performances in this season's Champions League.

Possibly Spain's most complete attacking player, he has strength, flair and skill in abundance.

Powerful on the ball, he is capable of scoring from distance, in the air or finding his own route to goal.

He raises himself for the big games but has yet to fully convince the Spanish public that he is worth a starting place.

However, with no one ever really having impressed alongside Raul, Tristan could prove to be the best solution.

Unlike Raul, who can play a deeper role if needed, Tristan is an out-and-out front man.

An intuitive player with an exquisite first touch, he will try his luck given the slightest of chances.

He is 30 years old

48408[/snapback]

Interesting but what's your opinion Adam?

Released on a free says it all - probabley well past his best. Was a decent player three or four seasons ago. But past it now I would think.

Not really a Moyes type of signing - would like to see more of our younger strikers given a chance before bringing in a has been on decent wages. Don't forget we bought a Scott Spenser, so as well as the tow youngsters we already know about, a thrird will also be trying to break in to the first team.

Can't see it happening.

Released on a free says it all - probabley well past his best. Was a decent player three or four seasons ago. But past it now I would think.

Not really a Moyes type of signing - would like to see more of our younger strikers given a chance before bringing in a has been on decent wages. Don't forget we bought a Scott Spenser, so as well as the tow youngsters we already know about, a thrird will also be trying to break in to the first team.

Can't see it happening.

48568[/snapback]

he was sent straight to the acadamy mate

no

... tristan is balls

48598[/snapback]

Yep.

He was VERY VERY good a couple of seasons ago but his form has deteriorated a lot since then. Rated as the best striker in Spain by many (along with Raul and Morientes) a couple of years ago, maybe three. Disappointing to see him without a club now.

Edited by xavier

Tristan snubs England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diego Tristan has snubbed a possible move to England to join Real Mallorca.

The former Deportivo La Coruna ace had offers from Bolton and Charlton, but he has decided to stay in Spain.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in Tristan, while Charlton are thought to have offered him a lucrative contract to try and lure Tristan to England.

However, Tristan has rejected their overtures to agree a move to Mallorca on a one-year deal.

Tristan arrives at Mallorca on a free transfer after having his contract cancelled at Deportivo La Coruna earlier this month.

The 30-year-old revealed he could have earned more money if he moved to England, but he decided in the end to stay in his homeland.

"In the Premiership the money is superior, but today I believe I can still be a success in Spain," said Tristan.

"My head did go to England, but my heart decided on Mallorca.

"Now my challenge is to play.

"My decision was not influenced by money. Today this is not a problem for me."

Mallorca president Vicente Grande admitted Tristan was excited at the chance of playing for the Islanders again.

"I have spoken with Diego and he is excited by our plans," said Grande.

"This was key for the deal to be completed."

Mallorca coach Gregorio Manzano also backed the move for Tristan.

"Tristan will help the team with his experience," said Manzano.

Tristan snubs England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diego Tristan has snubbed a possible move to England to join Real Mallorca.

The former Deportivo La Coruna ace had offers from Bolton and Charlton, but he has decided to stay in Spain.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in Tristan, while Charlton are thought to have offered him a lucrative contract to try and lure Tristan to England.

However, Tristan has rejected their overtures to agree a move to Mallorca on a one-year deal.

Tristan arrives at Mallorca on a free transfer after having his contract cancelled at Deportivo La Coruna earlier this month.

The 30-year-old revealed he could have earned more money if he moved to England, but he decided in the end to stay in his homeland.

"In the Premiership the money is superior, but today I believe I can still be a success in Spain," said Tristan.

"My head did go to England, but my heart decided on Mallorca.

"Now my challenge is to play.

"My decision was not influenced by money. Today this is not a problem for me."

Mallorca president Vicente Grande admitted Tristan was excited at the chance of playing for the Islanders again.

"I have spoken with Diego and he is excited by our plans," said Grande.

"This was key for the deal to be completed."

Mallorca coach Gregorio Manzano also backed the move for Tristan.

"Tristan will help the team with his experience," said Manzano.

49921[/snapback]

:D let them ave him i think hes past his best lads ;)