IGNORED

Derby Verbatim - Banter - News - Fallout - Etc

Pat

From the Telegraph (who were slagging us off a couple of weeks ago) today...

They revere centre- forwards at Goodison and by the end of this extraordinary derby supporters would happily have taken picks to a quarry for the resources needed to set Johnson's image in stone after he became the first Everton man to score two derby goals since Andrei Kanchelskis 11 years ago.

But it was not only for his goals that the fans went into the afternoon sunlight singing his name. It was for a classic demonstration of the centre- forward's art – leading the line, bringing the cavalry into play when they stormed forward to join him and sniffing out every weakness in the opposing defence.

By the final whistle Liverpool's poor Sami Hyypia, a man well past his sell-by date, looked like a rag doll that had been dragged around all day by a dog. Not that any Liverpool player escaped humiliation on an occasion when Everton secured their first three-goal haul against their old rivals at Goodison since before Dean began playing, 1909 to be precise. It was also their biggest win over Liverpool since 1964.

Peter Crouch, taken off by Liverpool after 53 minutes, might be England's striking hero of the moment, but if Johnson, looking a bargain signing at £8.5 million, continues in this vein he will surely prove a far better long- term bet.

49408[/snapback]

Thats a great article that

Just been persuaded by my wife to take off the Everton shirt I bought on Saturday morning...needs a wash (though I've not slept in it :lol: ). Amazing amount of people even down here in darkest Devon commenting on it...the non RS footballing world are sitting up and taking notice of us!

My six week old grandson is sadly not too well at the mo and even the nurses on the ICU were taking time out to congratulate me (and Josh). Josh bought him a teddy to put in his cot...we named him AJ and one of the nurses put an ID bracelet on him..brilliant! Today the little lad's on the mend after a horrific few days...is there no limit to Andrew Johnsons powers I ask myself?

Just been persuaded by my wife to take off the Everton shirt I bought on Saturday morning...needs a wash (though I've not slept in it :lol: ). Amazing amount of people even down here in darkest Devon commenting on it...the non RS footballing world are sitting up and taking notice of us!

My six week old grandson is sadly not too well at the mo and even the nurses on the ICU were taking time out to congratulate me (and Josh). Josh bought him a teddy to put in his cot...we named him AJ and one of the nurses put an ID bracelet on him..brilliant! Today the little lad's on the mend after a horrific few days...is there no limit to Andrew Johnsons powers I ask myself?

49601[/snapback]

As they should aswell, we are a tough hard working team who many other teams will find hard to beat this season.

Im sad to hear that about your grandson I hope he gets well soon.