IGNORED

Palace (Away) FA Cup QF Sunday 20 March

AlbanyNYToffee

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So to cut a long story short based on this reply and the other…. Only one of us can attempt to present opinions/stories as fact? Maybe I should try and dress up my posts like I am Sol Campbell trying to get a coaching job.

🤣🤣🤣

I think the points made were very different, but whatever makes you feel better!

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

The biggest problem is constantly changing managers, a manager comes in buys a couple of decent players for how he wants to try and implement his tactics going forward, that’s just the start of a plan, in reality he needs 5,6 or 7 new first team faces, but what happens is the board and the fans want success in 6 months to a year, don’t give them the time required and he’s axed. Then the next man comes in doesn’t like the players he’s inherited because they’re not a good fit for his plan, buys a couple of players then gets the bullet early on in his contract, and so it repeats, and before you know it you have a expensive group of players but you don’t have a team. 

I agree with this. 

That is why I think the DoF role was so important but because Mohsiri couldn't help himself, instead of one clear philosophy and picking managers and players who fit that philosophy we have gone from close to one extreme to the other. 

With that being said, each manager has come in and got the job in full knowledge of the players in the squad and the budget available. They are paid a lot of money to coach the players they have and improve them. 

Personally I think Lampard will have to be a little more pragmatic with this current group of players until the summer. As an example playing like we did against Spurs was a car crash waiting to happen with this squad.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

This is exactly the issue I'm talking about..... 3 managers have moaned about the players but because we have 50% that are supposedly newish recruits it invalidates the argument that these players have let the managers down?

It doesn't invalidate it in the slightest.  They represent a culture that they choose to not change for the better..... pick up wages and go through motions and not dig each other out constructively - just point finger when we concede.

We can go way back to the Eto fiasco, Mirallas stealing the ball off Baines and players like Lukaku telling the media how Martinez should be setting up.  Quite a pivotal points IMO.  Where are these players now?  Most either off elsewhere or retired or whatever....  the only ones remaining from that squad are Holgate and Coleman.

Holgate and Coleman IMO are 2 problem players, 1 because they are not good enough and 2 because they should be leaders.

Lets just say this - Coleman is supposed to be our captain, leader blah blah blah......... He has cupped his ears to fans cos he scored a goal after playing garbage, he argued with fans who were questioning players attitudes on the pitch and then when we scored a goal he gave it the big one.... only to disappear when the joy was short lived.  Cant recall the specific game but happy to be put straight on that.

That's our captain?  -  the fans have a bloody good right to question the attitude and application and all he does is try and score points or give "must do better, take it on the chin, we go again" interviews.  We wonder why the culture is so piss poor.  These players are laughing at us.

Here's the most recent news item relating to DCL....... 

https://hypebeast.com/2022/3/dominic-calvert-lewin-braun-series-7-style-defined

I never said it invalidated the argument. Its just not a simple case of saying "this group" blah blah blah. If all these managers have not liked the players, there has been a problem with recruitment under them all. 

The players have to shoulder a lot of responsibility but that doesnt mean Lampard gets a free pass either. Throwing the players under the bus in the media isn't going to help things, it just appeases people like you. 

As for Dom, whilst I don't think he has been great since his return, he has reasons for that. Your assassination of him is way over the top. So what if he has commercial deals? Why shouldn't he? Why should he do countless media shoots for the club and not one for himself? Its just complete bullshit. It has no bearing on his on field performances. He is just coming back from repeated injuries and hasn't found his form yet. He is also playing in a team that can barely pass the ball to a teammate. He needs to improve and start getting back to some form because we need him right now.