IGNORED

Sheffield U. And We Really Need A Convincing Win.

java2001e

Biggest thing for me was the build up play for the penalty...showed what we're capable of, pure quality. If it'd been Arsenal doing that Hansen and Shearer would have been creaming their pants on MOTD, but as it was us they just question the decision :rolleyes: . BT's a puzzle...where's the bloke who got those goals against Fulham and particularly Arsenal last season? We'd be in dire trouble if AJ got injured at the mo.

But we're a quarter of the way into the season, sixteen points, only one defeat and only Manure scored more goals than us. Could, probably should, easily have at least another four points in the bag but if we keep up current form we'll have sixty-four points with two games left at the end of the season...that's probably top four but certainly UEFA qualification. Big test next Saturday but I think we've got every reason to be (cautiously) optimistic about the rest of the year.

COYB

IAn Said "Can only remember two chances the second half, one from Anchibe and a header from Mcfly. We just sat back and let them get at us. I don't know whether this was to save energy for the cup, foot on the pedal or just a bad attitude once we had the cushion but it just wasnt good enough."

There was also a shot from Davies and another one from BIG VIC

Anyway, Davies did play OK, but some arsehole behind me was slagging him all game the sad wanker, maybe him and about 35000 Evertonians who thought they were in a Church on Saturday and not a Footy stadium shoulf have tried to sing a song

davies put himself about superbly in my opinion he was my man of the match because he ran his arse off, and should have had a goal wen ozzie decided to blast one at us, rather than a roll across the box!! :unsure: also simon battled for the first goal and despite not being left sided hugged the left touch line and with a bit more vision at time we would have passed more often to him as he was there with lots of acre's of space.

Guessed this journalist wrote his piece after watching match of the day, great hynsight isnt it

Surely you can't, hand on heart, watch the replays and not concede that what Warnock was saying on MOTD was at least partly right?

Yes you were the better side but we were let down by the referee.

Surely you can't, hand on heart, watch the replays and not concede that what Warnock was saying on MOTD was at least partly right?

Yes you were the better side but we were let down by the referee.

AJ was fouled and made far less of it than 90% of strikers would have!

As for the referee its swings and roundabouts ref'ing in general has been piss poor this season and we have been let down many times, take Newcastle for example we were robbed of 3 points by the worst offside decision i'v ever seen!

AJ was fouled and made far less of it than 90% of strikers would have!

As for the referee its swings and roundabouts ref'ing in general has been piss poor this season and we have been let down many times, take Newcastle for example we were robbed of 3 points by the worst offside decision i'v ever seen!

Johnson was within his rights to go down as he was impeded so getting the shot in would be more difficult. I have no problem with him. I only wish that Bromby had done the same when he was fouled in the box later on!

I don't think it was necessary to send Davis off though. Again, its not Johnson's fault, its Gallagher being a wanker as usual, but it did spoil the game.

I agree with you about refereeing in general. It does swing in roundabouts, and that Newcastle goal was laughable (offside rules never seem to apply to Newcastle) but I think we still win in the dire ref stakes for the first day of the season, when the ref gave a penalty against us because our man, essentially, thought about fouling Gerrard.

I guess our day will come but I sometimes wonder if referees WANT to be slated by Warnock. Like some kind of badge of honour

Everybody can slag off the Refs for one decision or another it happens every weekend.

Dont forget the Ref has two sets of supporters to satisfy, so any decision made by a ref will be disputed by one side or the other, working on that basis Referees will NEVER make the right decision.

Its time the FA stood by the REFS instead of demoting them to the lower Leagues, anybody questioning the refs Decisions should be charged with bringing the game into Disrepute.

I know the managers do to a certain extent, but i'm also talking about the players, if they dont get booked by the ref for backchatting the FA should use the video evidence like they do for other offences.

Players protest their innocence for every foul they are pulled up for, and you dont have to be a lipreader to see the abuse thats directed at the man in charge. Its about time they done something about it.

BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF CAMERAS AT THE GAMES THESE DAYS, THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN A GAME CAN BE SEEN FROM EVERY POSSIBLE ANGLE.

And i think that is throwing increasing pressure on Refs, its time they where shown a bit of respect by the players, and Managers, and looked after a bit better by the FA.

Edited by Licker

Everybody can slag off the Refs for one decision or another it happens every weekend.

Dont forget the Ref has two sets of supporters to satisfy, so any decision made by a ref will be disputed by one side or the other, working on that basis Referees will NEVER make the right decision.

Its time the FA stood by the REFS instead of demoting them to the lower Leagues, anybody questioning the refs Decisions should be charged with bringing the game into Disrepute.

I know the managers do to a certain extent, but i'm also talking about the players, if they dont get booked by the ref for backchatting the FA should use the video evidence like they do for other offences.

Players protest their innocence for every foul they are pulled up for, and you dont have to be a lipreader to see the abuse thats directed at the man in charge. Its about time they done something about it.

BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF CAMERAS AT THE GAMES THESE DAYS, THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN A GAME CAN BE SEEN FROM EVERY POSSIBLE ANGLE.

And i think that is throwing increasing pressure on Refs, its time they where shown a bit of respect by the players, and Managers, and looked after a bit better by the FA.

Fair points all but when it is the ref making headlines, there is something wrong. The decent refs tend to be the ones that you don't notice, and the game flows around them. Some refs seem to love the limelight, love making controversial decisons and as a result are usually the ones who get no respect from the players.

Thats where you get it wrong, the media pic up on one mistake, and its being disected on MOTD by the wanker Pundits all giving their views, SSNews play it over and over every 10 mins all day long, and its splashed on the back of every newspaper in the country.

Tell me of someone in any other job in the Country, who comes under so much scrutiny, and recieves so much abuse. Its Time the refs went on strike, then they might get the respect they deserve.

Fair points Licker, it is a difficult job to make instant decisions based on a partial glimpse or the word of your lino, I don't envy them but some decisions do beggar belief.

Perhaps it's time to remove any doubt with a video official.

Pro's - No contentious issues after the game, and unseen incidents don't go unpunished.

Con's - Takes away the talking points

Slows the game down

Could be open to abuse.

There is no answer here, we have to take the rough with the smooth.

ATB

Mac

A few years ago they introduced a rule that anybody argues with a decision and the Ref moves the free kick forward 10 yards, keep arguing and it goes forward another 10 yards, they soon stop complaining.

What happened to that rule.???

Nowadays every decision has players of both sides mouthing off at the Ref, both sets of players are pushing and dragging each other and putting their twopennyworth in, what the fook is going on. The FA sit back watching all this on TV, and in the newspapers, and what do they do, Fook all.

Saturday was a good example of how the FA have sold Referees down the River, Davies was penalised for bringing Johnson down foul in the box, that was a penalty whichever way you look at it, fair enough, should have been a penalty and a yellow card it wasnt a dangerous or nasty tackle But the FA in their wisdom have brought out guide lines for Referees......................

It was a tackle ( or a push) from behind, AJ was denied a scoring opportunity, and Davies was the last defender, a sending off offence.

The referee did everything by the Book and is getting crucified for it, he wasnt allowed the opportunity to show common sense, because the big bosses in suits told him thats what he must do.

Please Peeps Lay off referees its not an easy job when evry fooka in the media is criticising every decision, espedially when its the bastards in suits who are ordering him how to do it.

The reason that moving the ball forward 10 yards rule was banished was because in most cases it wasnt helping the team who got the free kick. Often the ball was taken to the edge of the oppositions box making it harder for them to get the ball up and over the wall and down in enough time to get it in the net, so they preferred having them from the original position most of the time.

I agree that a yellow card was enough on Saturday for Davis because the penalty is a punishment so didnt need a further punishment of being down to 10 men

meh AJ has had trial by shearer (LIMEY SHIT WITH EYES TOO CLOSE TOGETHER) and now refs wont give us a blatent pen, however i can only hope that refs were watching Goals on sunday because Kammy said ye it was a pen because "its simple physics if your running forward and get pushed sideways you'll fall over in the direction of that motion" but no on the red card.

Just 2 more replies on referees and then i'll shut up.

1st. Rocco said... Some refs seem to love the limelight, love making controversial decisons and as a result are usually the ones who get no respect from the players.

Well i disagree on that one Cos referees are not invincible and will make the occasional error( split second Decisions remember), and everyone in all walks of life makes occasional mistakes. The Refs who get respect are those who stand by their decisions and books anyone who disputes it, players soon learn that if you argue with this Ref, you will be booked or sent off, thats why some Refs get respect, and thats the way it should be.

2nd. Mark said....The reason that moving the ball forward 10 yards rule was banished was because in most cases it wasnt helping the team who got the free kick. Often the ball was taken to the edge of the oppositions box making it harder for them to get the ball up and over the wall and down in enough time to get it in the net, so they preferred having them from the original position most of the time.

Again this is where the FA chickened out, if they argued with the Ref against a foul and another 10 yards takes that foul into the penalty area, it should be a penalty.

Simple ways to stop players swarming around the referees and letting the game flow as a decent spectacle, but the FA insist on meddling with the rules, but never actually come up with anything that works.

and as for the Offside rule :blink: ..................................Oh alright i'll piss off now. :D

Licker.