IGNORED

Everton V Arsenal Part Ii

Zed

Truth is though if AJ doesnt score we dont win or at least struggle the other members of the team have to start earning thier wages now.

Correct however the football is improving and we are competing with teams week in week out so I feel its time for the strikers to start doing their job better and also Moyes to realise BT isnt going to be the saviour and sell him now so we have money to play with as soon as the window opens. We could tie up the deal now with some un suspecting mugs and bring someone in. Still think Robbie Kean could be a good addition and he is the type of player to play a bit deeper and create for AJ to run onto along with the obvious threat of some stunning finishing.

Not a 20 goals a season man but in a proper partnership with AJ we coul see a 30-35 return from the pair of them. We need a quality holding midfielder too ASAP.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct however the football is improving and we are competing with teams week in week out so I feel its time for the strikers to start doing their job better and also Moyes to realise BT isnt going to be the saviour and sell him now so we have money to play with as soon as the window opens. We could tie up the deal now with some un suspecting mugs and bring someone in. Still think Robbie Kean could be a good addition and he is the type of player to play a bit deeper and create for AJ to run onto along with the obvious threat of some stunning finishing.

Not a 20 goals a season man but in a proper partnership with AJ we coul see a 30-35 return from the pair of them. We need a quality holding midfielder too ASAP.

Nobody would pay anywhere near the 6.5 million we did for Beattie as it stands. We'd lose a hell of a lot of money and not be able to afford a replacement. It's not like we have an abundance of experienced strikers at the moment and the shite that is McFadden with his 10 goals in 100 Everton appearances isn't going to fill a secondary striker role..ever. We have to stand by Beattie this season and hope he reclaims the form he hit in his Southamton days.

I'm a Beattie believer but as shown believing isnt enough we need someon who can score now and every time Andy looses his shooting boots. I would love to see those 35 yard wonder strikes he scored for southampton but I'v stood faithfull for so long now with no return, maybe this just isnt the place for the kid to be playing his football sadly :(

I try not mix sentimentality with reason when it comes to opinions of squad selection. That said I would like him to be a success at 6"1 and decent in the air he is a good foil for AJ's pace and precision. It does not make any financial sense to offload Beattie now when we know he is better than he has shown this season.

Edited by Bluetrip

fook me goldy, if you give up on him so am I :(

Beats has'nt shown any form at all when he's come on as a sub, and in the early cup games he was overshadowed by big Victor, and is obviously not showing anything on the training field, this is why Moysey has to ask a midfielder to play as AJs strike partner.

I personally dont think BT has done enough to get himself fit and might do him good to go down a level, i'm sure he would be a good striker in the Championship, but i feel the Prem is too much of a challenge for him.

I would accept, or not expect to get more than £5m for him.

If an offer anywhere near that figure came along, i'm sure Moysey would accept it.

For the good of the team mate my blind optimism is slowly getting its sight back. It is hurting the team that we are relying on AJ to deliver and Cahill to support FACT!

I like Beatts but he must deliver or we must be ruthless :(

I would have thought wednesdays game was a perfect opportunity to go with the BT AJ combo from the start

I dont think BT's been given much of a chance so far this season, hes played in a couple of games and not had the best of it, but you cant name many of our team that have

I would have thought wednesdays game was a perfect opportunity to go with the BT AJ combo from the start

I dont think BT's been given much of a chance so far this season, hes played in a couple of games and not had the best of it, but you cant name many of our team that have

Lets be honest last seasons "form" was not exactly fantastic just alot better than the dross he produced the 12 months before. I would love him to come good but how? Whenever he plays we struggle alot, maybe a good quality centre mid would change the situation allowing us to play 2 up front without being over run.

Having said that if the mid is weak and we are leaking goals at the back thats no excuse for Beattie to look like a spare part up front!

If he performs I'm right behind him as with everyone but I'm loosing patience, he has been here 2 years now!