IGNORED

The Ashes official............

Granted its a batsmans paradise out there but we where woeful at times..Harmisons first ball will live long in the memory thats for sure.

And i find it a wee bit worrying that kevin pieterson got more spin and turn tham Giles did all day..what will mr Warne have to say about it.

Granted its a batsmans paradise out there but we where woeful at times..Harmisons first ball will live long in the memory thats for sure.

And i find it a wee bit worrying that kevin pieterson got more spin and turn tham Giles did all day..what will mr Warne have to say about it.

Like naming the Norwegian womens curling team to me :blink:

Skip: Dordi Nordby

Third: Linn Githmark

Second: Marianne Haslum

Lead: Camilla Holth

Frankly I think they're a more balanced unit when Githmark takes the lead stone but what do I know :lol: ?

I'm ashamed to say that list of names rings far more bells than the English cricket team would :unsure:

Look I'v taken one of my own threads off topic instead of destroying everyone elses, where's the moderators when you need them? :D

If anyone was watching on Telly we were sitting near some dewds who had carved out water melkons As hats...LOL...What a Day.

1stly security was insane & I missed Harmo finding 2nd slip with the 1st ball of the series. ( My fault for stil lbeing on TT an hr or so before play started..LOL..Going earlier today)

The heat was even more insane. No wonder the ball did nothing for our bowlers as it wasnt a typical Brisbane humid day..Itr was just dry direct stinging heat.

Was still qued getting in by 3rd over...Listening to the crowd cheering as they took us apart in the 1st cple of overs..Fuk me im thinking in me que.

Got in, great seats, 1st sessionw as comfy, 2nd got real Hot & by the 2nd hour after lunch I did NOD off for about 4o mins under my big floppy hat. ( heat exhaustion as I didnt drink),,after was all shaded & great.

The Cricket was great if you werent ME , but theres a long way 2 go.

We have tickets for days 1-3 am gonna do the Bevvy thing today...was Nominated dickhead yesterday ( sober driver) but enjoyed the traps & event for what it was.

P.s How bad do they wonna win?...Well queing up before play we hear this massive roar from the stadium, what the fuk what was that I asks"?

Ohhh the Locals just won the coin TOSS....!!!

Does it seem unfair to anyone else that 11 guys gang up on two?, pile of upper class w*nk IMO.

It seems obvious to me that we should throw the ball harder when we are throwing it, and hit the ball harder when we are hitting it.

Anyone disagree?.

Ignorantly

Mac

It seems obvious to me that we should throw the ball harder when we are throwing it, and hit the ball harder when we are hitting it.

Mac you may have come up with the answer there, would you be available to fly out to Oz at short notice to impart some wisdom to our struggling boys?

Tis a fucking shambles thats for sure..Fletcher must take the blame for this,what the hell have they been doing out there?

One first class warm up game is simply not enough with so many players coming back from injury.

As for Harmison he hasnt been right since mid ashes series 2005,he's looked a shadow of the bowler he was and maybe its time to drop him mainly to try and shake him out of his bad form lets be fair we cant keep picking him because he may have a good game...

Giles..has bowled like a defensive bowler who's not played for a year,a farcial decsion not to play Monty and play this clown instead.

Anderson..local lancashire lad and while its nice to see Lancs represented in the england team he's not good enough.

Flintoff..we'd be fucked without him,but needs way more time at the crease.

Hoggard steady as rock..

Jones our run scoring wicketkeeper out for 19 and looking a tad shoddy behing the stumps..another great Fletcher decsion.

Fletcher needs to move on,i've thought this for awhile mainly becuase of the shambolic state of the one day team and it seems to creeping into the test side now.

He helped us win back the ashes all he'd been leading up to that and the time was right to go and have the nations thanks for it too,but like an old rocker he's hanging on...

For the love of god get Tom Moody in the england setup ASAP.

(and i stand by this even if by some chance we regain the ashes)

Have the batsmen been fucking sitting on their arses all the time theyve been out there? I could have batted better than them and I dont even play cricket. He put Giles in the team because he can bat but its a bit negative to think that you'll need the lower order to perform, I mean thats what the top order is there for FFS. Only Bell showed any fight and can honestly say he gave his all. Giles out, Monty in. If you dont take wickets then you dont win the game. Simple as.

The powers that be must still think that the Aussies have problems with left arm slow bowling from when Tuffers use to trouble them a bit over 10 years ago. Still shaking my head at Giles inclusion. Also think we are missing Simon Jones who IMO was our best player last series.

I really can not stand cricket...hate it! Therefore, I have not taken the smallest amount of interest in The Ashes, but reading briefly through this thread, I take it we lost - or are loosing at least?

Sound's like the World Cup 2006 though...lots of hype, even more expectation, even more disappointment and embarrassement. Am I right? (and if so do I get a prize? hehe)

Fuk...I would make a difference...what a cnut of a three days 2 be @..Nah was magic but for the thrashing.

Positve being Wont be there 2 day whenw e get our noses rubbed in it.

Quick Assesment after wathcing the Pace attack thatw as gonna blast the Mozzies & have us retain the urn.

Freddie - World Class

Harmo - Embarrasing

Hoggart - Pop Gun

Anderson - Pop Gun

On the friday @ Least I got rotten Drunk, The Mr's flashed her Tits & Friday night The Disco King was reborn.

Satdee was a struggle lil sleep & hungover in the sun.

Though the England team did it much tuffer than eye.

OK, I'm gonna try to contribute here.

The Asian lad (Monty I think), would he make that much of a difference, what can he offer that others can't. I am asking a genuine question here boys.

ATB

Mac

Mac Giles is a total defnsive bowler Monty attacks he would have at least given them something to think about,Giles offers nothing in the attacking department a massive perhaps even ashes losing choice..

The aussies 800+ runs for the loss of 10 wckets

England 157 and 46 for 2..this is going to be a nasty defaet

Positve being Wont be there 2 day whenw e get our noses rubbed in it.

:lol::lol: Remove the curse of the Pat and we start to make a fight of it :lol::lol: . Bit of pride restored on day four, proved we can score a few runs against them but the bowling needs to improve 100% for us to have a sniff of a chance. Moral victory taking it into the fifth day after the Aussies refused the follow-on to try and destroy us psychologically. Mike (World "Grasping at Straws" champion 2006 :D ).