IGNORED

Get Behind Moysie

adamsmith69

I dont go the game anymore because iam a poor student in manc land, but just wish the boo boys would get of his back. he is our best manager since kendall (not the last time) he has drastically improved our squad,performance financial situation etc. to me he ios a god. you watch we will finnish top half this season. anyone agree or not?

I look at it this way... :lol:

is Valente better than Pistone.

is Vdm better than Kilbane.

is Davies better than Osman or Bent

is Neville better than Carsley.

is Kroldrop or Ferarri better than Weir.(we dont know about this one yet)

You would have to say yes to 4 out of them five i would think.

SO, WHY THE FOOK ARE WE NOT PLAYING AS WELL AS WE DID LAST SEASON.

Its a strange one when you think that new and better replacements would improve the performance, but i dont think it has had any effect at all.

If anything the performance level has gone in the opposite direction. :blink:

ANY REASONS WHY. ?????

I look at it this way...  :lol:

Its a strange one when you think that new and better replacements would improve the performance, but i dont think it has had any effect at all. 

ANY REASONS WHY. ?????

thats a great post toffeelicker.

good question there - we ahve made 'improvements' to the squad but they are not impressing - they are worse than last year.

Perhaps is due to the players that didn't renew their contracts - perhaps the new team hasn't gelled yet.

Perhaps there is a little behind the scenes feuding at the training ground.

It doesn't show between the players on the pitch - but something must be wrong.

Its a tricky one to answer - although the game v skunks was a noticeable improvement on the WBA game! (not hard to improve on a 4-0 bashing by a relegation candidate!)

i know WBA was a massive fuck up by all accounts, but chelsea boro brum and skunks were resembling last seasons performances. i do think a full strength side would/could be impressive.

theres still a few more things i want to see from this squad:

kroldrup & yobo paired up

VDM fit

neville back in midfield valente fit and settled

someone coming in to partner beattie

martyns replacement

if our transfer rumours/targets come on board

---------------niemi-----------------

hibbert---yobo-kroldrup---valente

arteta-----cahill---neville-----VDM

----------beattie---keane----------

or am i just dreaming?

I look at it this way...  :blink:

ANY REASONS WHY. ?????

top post toffeelicker and i think its just a case of the new players taking time to gel definatly looked better on sunday

Look at the last two games, shite against WBA, great againt the skunks its certainly going to be one of those seasons, but I was impressed against Noocastle the way we kept attacking and did not set up a larger like we normally do after going 1 up, we kept attaching and should have got a second, never mind BT's shor, what about cahill and VDM's efforts, we made a lot of chances in that game, more than in our past three games.

We need to be consistent, but I think its only natural that, given time, our team will gel with so many new faces and responsibilities

We were pretty lucky with injuries last season, and this time around we've suffered badly.

If you look at the stats comparing our position now compared to last season, it looks dire. At the same point in the year we had 17 more points, albeit with two extra games played last time around.

If you look at the matches game for game against the same opposition though, we're only 5 points adrift (I don't have the results to hand, but we must have lost at least one to a relegated side (?), which would match the Wigan game)

(football 365 - EFC stats)

Considering how desperate the first eight games were, we only need to turn a couple of last season's poor results around, and we'd be on course for the same total. Which for me is very encouraging. Particularly with what's been said in previous posts, about the team gelling and coming into a run of form.

Goals would be great, but I'd be more than happy with a run of 1-0s.

As long as we can avoid West Brom type performances, we can hopefully be up near where we were last season, and get a second crack at the UEFA cup at least. You don't conquer Europe in one go, and though we didn't go far, we had a harsh decision that contributed to the Champions League exit, and at least got a win in one of the UEFA games. Hopefully that baptism of fire will have provided experience, and taught a few tough lessons if we do get in again.

It isn't going to be easy, but everyone wrote us off when we were up near the top all season. At least this time we can quietly go about getting the job done, and sneak up on a few sides while they aren't looking.

Go along with that. On current form (ten points from five games): we have twenty-five games left, that's another fifty points so we end up with sixty-three..two more than last season. No problem!! Just doing it the other way round from last season..shit start great finish instead of great start crap finish.

Cant see us getting another 50 points mikeo, but do agree (and it is possible) that we could have the opposite season to last where we have a very strong second half, stranger things have happened, like us getting fourth last year

I think that we have to be fairly happy with a mid table finish this season - just as planned in moyesys and KW's 5-year strategy.

Mid table is nothing to shout about but it aint something to be embarrased about either. The team still hasnt gelled so this year is a building block and Moyes knows it - which is why (i think) he hasnt been too angry at our start.

It was always going to be hard to live up to last years expectation - the fact that everyone has written us off already may be a good thing - RS fans have even stopped taking the piss about our 'bubble bursting' from last season!

All good things come to those who wait. I have been fortunate enough to see my beloved club win the FA cup, Cup winners cup and League - I hope that most current EFC fans will see the same (or similar) triumphs at Goodison!

the club is undoubtedly turning around - just give it time and a bit of space!!

Guest fozzie22
just as planned in moyesys and KW's 5-year strategy.

Is this the same brilliant masterplan that let half the 1st team squad of last season walk out because thier contracts had not been renewed??

mourinho is right. we are too good to be where we are at present.

we are on our way up and i expect us to keep heading that way.

moysies future is secure at at least until the end of january.

if we are in the relegation zone then -- his days are numbered.

but i dont think we will be. i believe hes a talented manager and he's getting a good side together.