IGNORED

Everton Vs Skunks

CraccerC

What a fantastic result. Okay, Newcastle are dwindling in squad numbes at the moment, however nothing should take away the way we played today. Listening to Radio Merseyside's commentary and post-match phone in, it was a real decision and trouble choosing a man of the match. Each and blue on the field seemed to have played their heart out. I just hope that we are able to keep hold of Vic and he does not do another Rooney on us in the future. It was also nice to see Neville getting onto the score sheet...at last!

Who would have thought that we would be standing so high in the table coming up to the new year, and be playing with such a positive attitude.

I can not wait for Sky Sports Football First a little later on...along with a couple of beers, I am going to see out 2006 with a bang...

Nice one! COYBB!

:D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Said in a Norwiegian accent*

Jackie Millburn, Malcolm MacDonald, Paul Gascoigne, Kevin Keegan, Alan Shearer, Tony Blair your boys took one hell of a beating.......

I know the score flattered us a little, but my two lads are Toon and I have to rub it in somehow.

Well done boys.

ATB

Mac

I went along today with last min tickets before I travel back down south tomora, shit seats..second from the back in the lower bullens :blink: . It was a great result but we played rubbish in the first half, newcastle were all over us. We still have a bad habit of trying the long/direct ball losing posession 80% of the time which is what was happening time and time again before Dyer dived. If the penalty had gone in we'd have lost.

Whoever said VDM played well wasn't wathing the same game as me. Despite my defence of him over the months and our desperate need for a creative outlet in midfield apart from Arteta I'm 100% convinced the guy has to go in January. He has lost any hunger he had in a blue shirt, only chased the ball when the crowd got on his back, provided no cover whatsover for Valente, didn't look for the ball when we were going forward and looks overweight and completely unfit. he had his hands on his hips after 25 minutes..I can't believe Moyes left him on, complete liability, I can only assume he wants to put him in the shop window.

Soon as Martins missed the penalty the game started to change. Yobo was a man mountain in defence,it's no exageration to say he didn't lose one ball in the air, lescott was suberb also. Arteta deserves a special mention also, thank god we have someone who can take people on, he was behind everything good we did in this game. Beatie should have been brought on as soon as the 3rd goal went in, he needs to get some confidence. All in all the scoreline flatterd us but we deserved to win no doubt. We're pushing for Europe again now and with Portsmouth playing Tottenham in a 6 pointer on monday we're in a decent position.

Edited by Bluetrip

My question is why do our players stand off the opposition when they attack us? Its so frustrating, Moyes needs to do something about it and fast because it will cost us against the better teams

Fuck knows, we used to when Moyes first took over but its gone by the wayside. Some players like Johnson and neville press but its no good unless all ten do it. Its the bare minimum for players on 30k+ a week, lazy bastards.

pretty harsh on vdm... if youve been defendign him why attack him after hes only just starting to get his fitness?

he did ok for me... wasnt great but he showed he cud play a few decent passes and he put a hell ball in for anichebe in the 1st half before the goal.

get him fit and a decent run and then judge him...

ant see your logic going from supporting to wantign him out after 1 unfit performance.

apart from arteta he's the only potential player than can pass a ball